The Student Room Group

Embarrassing moments that will always stick with you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Precious Illusions
Would love to see their reaction when they found out :rofl:

I'd love to have seen the reaction of any poor shoppers who were walking through the shop and happened to notice.
Original post by RFowler
I'd love to have seen the reaction of any poor shoppers who were walking through the shop and happened to notice.

Hahahah. Imagine they'd wanted to buy that toilet then went to inspect it :laugh:
Had the most awkward first interaction with the MD at the bank I'm interning at. I was in the toilet next to this guy at the cubicles.. and no wee came out. This guy must've been like wtf is this kid doing. We went outside and he started conversing with me about my role. -.-
going out with a 7/10,

never stooping that low agen
Reply 64
I could write a novel of all the embarrassing things I've done, with a whole sequel of embarrassing drunk stories (and I barely ever even go out or drink :facepalm: )

I am a very anxious person in general and generally when it comes to things I know I'm not good at I tend to have 0% self confidence so oral exams for Irish with a very intimidating teacher were always a great source of major embarrassment. She'd ask me something in front of the entire class, I'd manage to mutter and stutter out a half unintelligible answer, go bright red, she'd ask me to repeat myself and I'd go even more red and just give up by saying I don't know... 2 years of torture! (Doesn't sound that bad but it really was at the time!)

My name is also a source of much embarrassment, what with it being Iona and my surname is basically a noun (spelled different, same pronunciation). So I get a lot of "I own a [surname]..." jokes.
Reply 65
When I bumped into 'a group of girls from school at tesco local when I was buying nappies for my little bro.
Honestly, there's so many that I don't even know where to start
God there's soo many, eg walking into the mens toilet (on many occasions) by accident. OH i remember one time at a chinese buffet i went up to get some food and saw my dad with his back turned.. so i decided to scare him and walked up behind him and grabbed him shouting BOO! He turned around and it turns out to be some random guy.. I had never been so embarrased!
Another embarrasing moment was at school i think in year 9, i had a design & technology class and we all had to move and gather our chairs at the front of the classroom as the teacher was speaking. I was wearing flats and so because the chairs were quite high, i was swinging my leg back and forth when all of a sudden my shoe goes flying off across the class room. My teacher (still talking to the rest of the class) goes and picks it up, and places it back on my foot like some sort of Cinderella moment with the whole class staring. Seriously, THAT is my most embarrasing moment. Cringe!
Original post by Michael!
When I was 18 I played in a county rugby match in front of a crowd of about 1,000. So everyone was pretty nervous as it was the biggest crowd any of us had seen at one of our games. It was being recorded as well and the highlights were going to be put up on the local news after the game so nobody wanted to make any mistakes.

3 minutes in I got tackled, my shorts were round my ankles, my knackers were hanging out for the whole world to see. The shorts were pretty tight so it took about 30 seconds to pull up, crowd erupted and I lifted my head up to where my parents were. My mum had her hand on her head and my dad was walking back to the car, shaking his head.

Turned the news on in the evening praying that nothing way going to be shown. But sure enough, there I was. Cheeks on show. 4 years on and I still haven't lived it down. No one cares that I scored a hat-trick, all that people remember was that I was the guy who got pantsed in front of 1,000 people.

That's hilarious!
A couple of months ago, I was on the train on the way home. When the train got to my stop, I got up and started going on my phone. Because I was distracted, instead of pressing the button at the side to open the train door, I walked head first into the door in front of the whole carriage creating a rather loud bang. To my embarrassment, everyone turned around and stared at me, and I quickly corrected myself by pressing the button and getting off, thinking I'd never have to see those people again. Only problem was, as soon as I got off the train, I realised to my horror that it wasn't my stop, so I idiotically ran back on to the train to the bewilderment of the others who had seen me just a few seconds earlier walk head first into the door on the way out. I then awkwardly stood there for the rest of the journey, very aware that people were still staring at me. When I actually got to my stop, I had some random person come up to me and say "Don't worry, we all have those days" which made the whole thing about 100 times worse.

That whole experience is something I'll never be able to forget :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest