The Student Room Group

Embarrassing moments that will always stick with you

I know their are s lot of threads like this but their still fun. What embarrassing moments are burned into your memory. My two worst moment were both in primary school. The first was in year 4 on a PGL trip when I wet myself while having the ab sailing gear put on me. The other was in year 5 when I had a bad tummy but the teacher wouldn't let me use the toilet and I pooed my pants. I had to spend the rest of the day in PE shorts lol.

Scroll to see replies

Just last week my Physics teacher saw me eyeing up some guy and told me to stop perving and that I was almost as bad as the biology department :cry2:

Walking through town showing my butt cheeks by accident :colondollar:

Oh and the painters were in therefore my skirt got messed up so I had to call my mummy in to bring me trousers
(edited 9 years ago)
Stuttering and mumbling in one of the debating competitions i've been in.

Audience of about 100+

Bloooooodyyy hell. Can never bare to think of that moment ever again.

Could not control my nerves
Reply 3
I know this may sound silly but it was embarrassing to me..I was on the bus going home from school and the bus was really stuffy, full of people from my school+fit guys+strangers. So I was eating this ice-cream and all of a sudden it melted all over me and on my uniform. I asked the lady next to me if she had a tissue but she didn't so I had to go home looking like a pig and everybody on the bus gave me one of those looks and the fit guys were laughing
Reply 4
This was in y8 btw lol
Reply 5
On my one trip out of England I went to france. I was about 3/4. We had just been to a cake shop. I got a chocolate eclair. I couldn't eat it all as I was only a wee little boy. So I walked over to the bin. I didn't understand how it works so I just placed it on top and walked off. It turned out it was a traffic bollard.
My sixth form had a few German exchange students over. One one of the last nights some of them were spending in the UK we decided to go out drinking, but being 16/17 we couldn't go to a pub so we managed to find an 18 year old friend to buy us some alcohol, which we drank outdoors. Anyway, at the time I lived in the city of Chester which has a variety of Roman ruins. It started to rain so we moved from our usual spot on a jetty next to the river to the Roman gardens which are a bit sheltered. We happen to be sitting in and on the underfloor heating system. Specifically the one shown here:

I decided that ze Germans needed a history lesson so I started explaining what it was we were sitting on. Being the drunk 16 year old that I was at the time I couldn't quite pronounce words properly. Instead of calling the feature a "hypocaust" (which is the correct name) I said "This is a holocaust" in front of equally drunk Germans. One of the Germans (well, actually she was Swiss) was apparently Jewish, just to make the situation a load more awkward. There are not many moments where I've genuinely wanted the ground to open up and take me away, but that was one of them.
Reply 7
Original post by Brann
I know their are s lot of threads like this but their still fun. What embarrassing moments are burned into your memory. My two worst moment were both in primary school. The first was in year 4 on a PGL trip when I wet myself while having the ab sailing gear put on me. The other was in year 5 when I had a bad tummy but the teacher wouldn't let me use the toilet and I pooed my pants. I had to spend the rest of the day in PE shorts lol.

Oh dear :biggrin:
Reply 8
At a comedy club, people were asked to come on stage and tell a joke. I get up, tell a joke... no one makes a sound.

Daniel Simonsen sums up how I felt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgTM6ArASI&t=8m37s
Reply 9
When I was in year 8 we had a 2 hour long awards assembly and I was sat on the floor. When we had to get up one of my feet went really floppy (I had list feeling in it and I basically walked in my ankle so I had to hop to a chair while the school nurse helped me. Everyone in the school sat behind me could see!!😱😱
Reply 10
Back in high school the gym teacher was collecting the bibs at the end of the lesson. He had his arm extended out with a clenched fist so we could just quickly hang the bib and go get changed. Well when he approached me i didn't realise - despite the bibs draped over his arm - and gave him a fist bump instead.

The teacher just shook his head but my class mates laughed.

mfw
Reply 11
Original post by Brann

What sort of motherfuсkers would make you stay for the rest of the day after you ѕhat your pants?
I don't think I can pin down a single embarrassing moment, but I always hated PE. In primary school I would often actually skip some activities if I didn't quite understand it, in case I got it wrong and embarrassed myself in front of the class. I'm amazed they let me get away with that for most of my primary school years.

For a long time I was one of the quiet kids and I usually tried to avoid situations where real embarrassing moments might happen.
In college the fire bell went off and I couldn't find my class so I was standing alone for like 30 minutes while everyone was in groups. It was quite awkward tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
My worst most embarrassing moment was two years ago. I woke up early and went to work. i used London underground and travelled the whole way to Baker street. I went into Tesco and bought my lunch for that afternoon etc. I then got to work and took my coat off and to my horror this was swinging on the back of my coat!

Yes that's right, i had a bra stuck to my coat. I had been on 2 trains, up escalators and even into Tesco and nobody told me I had a bra stuck to my back!! What made it worse is that i remember thinking everybody was very cheerful as I received a lot of smiles. Needless to say I threw the coat away so I could not be recognised as the girl who had a bra swinging from her coat :frown:
Original post by QueenC_87
My worst most embarrassing moment was two years ago. I woke up early and went to work. i used London underground and travelled the whole way to Baker street. I went into Tesco and bought my lunch for that afternoon etc. I then got to work and took my coat off and to my horror this was swinging on the back of my coat!

Yes that's right, i had a bra stuck to my coat. I had been on 2 trains, up escalators and even into Tesco and nobody told me I had a bra stuck to my back!! What made it worse is that i remember thinking everybody was very cheerful as I received a lot of smiles. Needless to say I threw the coat away so I could not be recognised as the girl who had a bra swinging from her coat :frown:

I don't think we will get a story worse than this.

I feel sorry for you, but hopefully you can look back on it as a funny story?!
Original post by rayquaza17
I don't think we will get a story worse than this.

I feel sorry for you, but hopefully you can look back on it as a funny story?!

well yeah, everyone I knew was pissing themselves laughing including my work colleagues. However when I think about it it makes me cringe. Scundered!
There was this guy who was walking funny and i said to a friend "hey, checkout this guy, he's pissed!" turns out he's handicapped. Not my best moment.
Reply 18
I once walked through the mall unaware that a long piece of toilet paper was sticking out of my jeans.
This wasn't as embrassing but I remember it. There was a queue appearing and I was in the library about to check a book out, the librarian held her hand out for my card and for some bizarre reason I gave her a handshake. She started laughing and the people behind me were smiling. I eventually figured out she wanted my card :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest