The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgrad with Families Accommodation

Any postgrad students coming with families available for some advice?

I was told that I had to inform the school 14 days prior to my arrival date and, only then, will they confirm whether there is school accommodation for me. Is this indicative that my chances of securing school accommodation are slim? And is this typical?

I find this really disconcerting as I wouldn't know the status of my accommodation until 2 weeks before my arrival in Sheffield.
Original post by kaypeekaypee
Any postgrad students coming with families available for some advice?

I was told that I had to inform the school 14 days prior to my arrival date and, only then, will they confirm whether there is school accommodation for me. Is this indicative that my chances of securing school accommodation are slim? And is this typical?

I find this really disconcerting as I wouldn't know the status of my accommodation until 2 weeks before my arrival in Sheffield.

Hi,

I assume from your post that you have already applied for your accommodation?

Under normal circumstances I would suggest contacting the Accommodation Team about this, but as it says on the website that you have to contact them 14 days before your arrive (and that they can only give general advice before then), I'm not sure this would be all that beneficial for you. You could always get in touch to see if they could offer you some assurance (how many applications they've had, how likely it is that you will be allocated etc) - that might put your mind more at ease, at the very least. Their email address is [email protected].

Sorry I can't offer you more help at this time.

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending