The Student Room Group

Does anybody else dislike university

I really do not enjoy university. I live for the holidays I absoloutly hate everything about it. Im going into my final year in September and I just dreading it. Does anybody else dislike it? I feel like everybody loves it and says how amazing it is and theres me wishing I could leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SillyMilly
I really do not enjoy university. I live for the holidays I absoloutly hate everything about it. Im going into my final year in September and I just dreading it. Does anybody else dislike it? I feel like everybody loves it and says how amazing it is and theres me wishing I could leave

Meh I'm pretty indifferent about it. I agree though, everyone is going on about how amazing it is and I'm just like :indiff: Always looking forward to the holidays though. I don't really like the stress.
Hope I'm not like this when I go. That's really sad. :frown:
I just find people at university really judgemental and I just don't fit in at all. But then I feel worse as everybody seems to be having an amazing time, there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.
I just find people at university really judgemental and I just don't fit in at all. But then I feel worse as everybody seems to be having an amazing time, there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.

Have you tried joining societies?
Reply 5
For people uni could be the best and worst part of life. It prepares you for the world and to deal with pressure situations. It's not just about enjoying the place.
Reply 6
you could drop out
Reply 7
there all saying they cant wait to go back in September and im dreading it.

I can't wait to go back in September :cool:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Have you tried joining societies?

OP, this. That's what I'm hoping to do when I go.
Original post by Ruffiio
I can't wait to go back in September :cool:

You're making her feel worse m8

Original post by ChrisLay1
OP, this. That's what I'm hoping to do when I go.

Same. Im starting in sept. I hope i dont have a crap time too :frown:
You're making her feel worse m8

Same. Im starting in sept. I hope i dont have a crap time too :frown:

So what are you studying?
So what are you studying?

Psychology you?
Yup, I get this a lot. It's strange, because I love my subject more than I ever imagined I would, and I've done some really awesome things since I've started. However, I have so few friends within the university itself and spend most of my time feeling lonely, so I can hardly regard it as a positive experience. I don't think I went at the right time in life - should have taken a gap year and grown up a little before I did. Still, two more years and with any luck I'll come out with a decent degree and then move on with my life.

(And it's nothing to do with joining societies - I've been a member of almost 10 this year, and have exec roles in two next year. I've just failed to form any close friendships through them)
Psychology you?

Applied computing. I'm hoping to get more involved in Uni although I'm not into clubbing etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Applied computing. I'm hoping to get more involved in Uni although I'm not into clubbing etc.

Im not into clubbing/drinking (for personal reasons) either but i really hope to branch out and get out of my introverted comfort zone! :tongue:
Reply 15
God I love university...
Im not into clubbing/drinking (for personal reasons) either but i really hope to branch out and get out of my introverted comfort zone! :tongue:

Same here! Hoping to do that through societies. Is that you in your profile pic? You don't strike me as someone who would be introverted :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I didn't particularly enjoy it. The course was really good, but I just preferred my life back home. Made some good mates at uni, but did dread going back after the holidays.
Reply 18

Introvert? You don't seem like one on TSR loooooool, wow
Original post by AnharM
Introvert? You don't seem like one on TSR loooooool, wow

People can be so different online though.

Quick Reply

Latest