The Student Room Group

How I look makes me depressed...:(

My physical appearance makes me depressed.

I'm supposed to be a man, yet I don't feel that I am.

I just measured my skull, it is about 55cm or 21.75 inches.

I'm also really skinny. I'm quite muscular, but the muscles aren't very big, kind of like a female fitness model. It is more my skeletal frame. I have really skinny legs, arms and waist, so it makes sense that my skull is also closer in resemblance to a female skeleton than a male one.

I mean I don't think it is anything like Klinefelter syndrome, I have a masculine appearance such as broad shoulders compared to hip width etc. I just feel it is all too small, I feel like I have a boy's body, not a man's. It is ****ing depressing.

Just looking round for pics of supermodels to post and somehow I ended up that a better example is male long distance runners.

mo-farah-wife-tania.jpg
MO-WINS_2672095b.jpg

I'm fairly sure no matter how much time I spend in the gym I'll never get much bigger than what I currently arm, I'll probably just look more toned.

My hair is also thinning as well, which makes it hard to hit the gym since that speeds up balding :frown: Once it is time to shave it all off (and look even more ugly that I currently am) I'll hit the gym again.

I've come to terms with begin skinny, i isn't that bad, I have a great level of fitness unmatched by anyone on sports teams I've been on. On top of that I know I can change it to some extent at least, sure I'll never be as big as Arnie, but still.

But I can't change the likes of my skull size, and people have commented on it in the past. I've had people straight up say that my head is small, or call me pinhead or something like that.

So ****ing depressing...
Reply 1
I mean even if I could get big...It'd probably make me look worse, since it will make me look like even more of a pinhead that I already am....****!!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by bestofyou

I'm also really skinny. I'm quite muscular, but the muscles aren't very big, kind of like a female fitness model. It is more my skeletal frame. I have really skinny legs, arms and waist, so it makes sense that my skull is also closer in resemblance to a female skeleton than a male one.

I mean I don't think it is anything like Klinefelter syndrome, I have a masculine appearance such as broad shoulders compared to hip width etc. I just feel it is all too small, I feel like I have a boy's body, not a man's. It is ****ing depressing.

Just looking round for pics of supermodels to post and somehow I ended up that a better example is male long distance runners.

mo-farah-wife-tania.jpg
MO-WINS_2672095b.jpg

I'm fairly sure no matter how much time I spend in the gym I'll never get much bigger than what I currently arm, I'll probably just look more toned.

My hair is also thinning as well, which makes it hard to hit the gym since that speeds up balding :frown: Once it is time to shave it all off (and look even more ugly that I currently am) I'll hit the gym again.

I've come to terms with begin skinny, i isn't that bad, I have a great level of fitness unmatched by anyone on sports teams I've been on. On top of that I know I can change it to some extent at least, sure I'll never be as big as Arnie, but still.

But I can't change the likes of my skull size, and people have commented on it in the past. I've had people straight up say that my head is small, or call me pinhead or something like that.

So ****ing depressing...

Just posting to lol at "going to the gym speeds up balding"
Reply 3
Original post by zKlown
Just posting to lol at "going to the gym speeds up balding"

It does...don't you ever read dem der tabloids brah?

But being cereal it does.
excuses excuses

bulk and get big.
Reply 5
Heyy :smile:
Aww don't worry about being 'big'! I feel like it's a trend amongst younger guys right now, but it doesn't do it for me at all. I hate abs and all of that stuff. It's superficial and it only lasts for so long. Being healthy is the most important thing.
What do you like about yourself?
Reply 6
It does...don't you ever read dem der tabloids brah?

But being cereal it does.

Why you forcing the misc speak mate?

Do GOMAD diet and do compound lifts, sorted.
Reply 7
Original post by zKlown
Why you forcing the misc speak mate?

Do GOMAD diet and do compound lifts, sorted.

Too much dairy is bad for you brah...

also misc speak?

Also...you've missed the point. Even if I got bigger, my head will make me look even stupider. It will look smaller and balder. Not to mention my tooth pick lower legs and forearms...unless you know some exercises or diets that will rewire my genetics...I am far from sorted.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Also, I'd just like to add…the majority of boys (yes boys) that comment on this thread being rude have probably got spaghetti arms and **** off to a 2010 Cheryl Cole calendar. Don't listen :smile:
Pics

mo-farah-wife-tania.jpg
MO-WINS_2672095b.jpg

So ****ing depressing...

Just focus on the *insert your username*

:biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by ldsbabe
Heyy :smile:
Aww don't worry about being 'big'! I feel like it's a trend amongst younger guys right now, but it doesn't do it for me at all. I hate abs and all of that stuff. It's superficial and it only lasts for so long. Being healthy is the most important thing.
What do you like about yourself?

I'm not really that worried about my physical size, not anymore at least. It really is mostly to do with my skull. I know that at some point in the future I will likely be bald and I'm going to look ****ing ridiculous. I am self-conscious about my skull size enough as it is with hair, when it gets to the point that I need to shave it tight it will make my head look even smaller, and I'll not even get started on the fact that my face will probably not suit the shaved hair look anyway.

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Pics

Won't be much use really. If I post a pic, I'll be told I don't look that bad as I'll be standing alone, with no point of reference. There is one pic I can use but I don't feel like posting it on a public forum for all to see tbh.
Reply 12
Original post by tehforum
excuses excuses

bulk and get big.

How will that help my small skull, and skinny forelimbs?
Original post by ldsbabe
Also, I'd just like to add…the majority of boys (yes boys) that comment on this thread being rude have probably got spaghetti arms and **** off to a 2010 Cheryl Cole calendar. Don't listen :smile:

Some of us like to keep up to date actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by ldsbabe

2010 calendar? Might try that.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending