The Student Room Group
star3000
Anyone have any thoughts on Leicester for a law degree, as this is where I am going in September? Anyone else coming?

It's not bad...lol...my prof was from Leicester, so u should be in good hands
I'm going there so it will be great!! LOL!

all joking aside it looks like we will have an amazing time and get a great education from it. Have you been to see the uni itself? I went in the middle of february on a horrible cold day but still feel in love with the place. The people i spoke to seemed so enthusiastic about the course (students and staff), it just made mefeel realy positive about the whole experience which is about to begin!

Elyse
Reply 3
star3000
Anyone have any thoughts on Leicester for a law degree, as this is where I am going in September? Anyone else coming?

A friend of mine has just graduated from there - she had an amazing time, loved the uni, the course, the nightlife, and after graduating with a 2:1, she now has an interview for a training contract with DLA :wink: :cool:
Reply 4
I'd say career prospects are very good- I met someone on a vac scheme who went there and had seven offers for vac schemes and already has been offered a tc and has more interviews coming up with the likes of Herbert Smith, Simmons & Simmons etc
Yeah but thats more the person rather than the uni... you attach too much wait to the fact of the uni.
Although i think that it is largely due to the individual ( as Ellewoods proves to us) with the uniersity having a limited influence on things such as vac schemes and tc, i have to ask would you have been happy going into a less regrded university ( unless circumstances proved necessary) considering how comptitive law is after university. The university is highly regarded by firms and chambers as evident by the representation at fairs held at the university.
Reply 7
Is a well respected place and a good department based on all i've seen, read and the people I have spoken to!:smile:
Reply 8
I'll be entering my final year in September. I want to go into teaching after I graduate. But I can tell you I've had a wicked time at Leicester. Made friends for life. The teaching is good. The atmosphere at uni is ace. The nightlife is great too.

I've had the time of my life here.
Reply 9
Im going to Leicester to study LLB Law. From what I have gathered it has a really good Law department. Everyone was really friendly there on the open day. Out of all the uni's I visited that was the one I liked the most.
Reply 10
yeh i really like the lok of leicester and becuase i couldnt get the open day i just hopped on the train one day and went over there the department was really nice and the staff v helpful considering i just knocked on their dorr and said hello lol. problem for me was its 45min from home, waaaaay too close!
Reply 11
I'm going there too. Not too sure if I can ask this, but where abouts are people staying? I'm in Nixon Court. The Uni and the department looks fantastic
Id always rather go to a better establishment of course, but within reason. If I hated NOttm I would not have gone there on reputation alone ahead of say, Leicester, had I applied there (Which I didn't)... although there is a balance to be struck here of course.
Burtpott
I'm going there too. Not too sure if I can ask this, but where abouts are people staying? I'm in Nixon Court. The Uni and the department looks fantastic

Gilbert murray
wistow house
Reply 14
I havent heard about where I am stayin I am a bit scared. I applied for the new hall though!
I only found out tuesday! I did send back my reply and request for accomodation on the day i got my pack eg results day! it all depends on the seperate halls as all your info i sent b the warden of the accomodation you get! Do you know if we get any informtion about fresher week like a calander or anything so we can plan what we want to go to? ive tried looking on student union website but couldn't find anything!:frown:
that is really bad organisation ... most unis get it within a week of offers, like full details of weekone, all the freshers fayre ... registration info etc... well Nottm do anyway and I assume alot do too :biggrin:
does noone have any ideas when we should find out?
Reply 18
I remember them being very efficient last year, everything came on the day i accepted my place there. Btw guys theres now a Leicester subforum on the universities page. If you wanna chat to any other Leics students we mill around in there. :smile:
ok thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending