The Student Room Group

My Best Friend's Annoying Me Soooooo Much

We're both 15 and recently i've noticed how self centred he can be. I never feel like i can talk to him about my problems because he'll just laugh and assume i'll get over it and when i look upset he just tells me to stop being grumpy. He often says quite hurtful things to me but our relationship is kind of jokey and harsh as we're really close and can say whatever we like to each other most of the time, but recently it's started to hurt me the way that he's been saying it. i've told him that i was upset with him and how i feel like our relationship is a bit one sided sometimes as i always say sorry to him after an argument even if it's that i'm the one who's upset and then he doesn't care when i tell him that he hurt my feelings. I understand that some of these little arguments we get into are silly but sometimes the things he says really upset me. i don't know what to do because i love him so much and i don't want to lose him as a friend. is it just that as it's the end of the year we are getting a bit sick of each other ? we never usually dislike each other.
Original post by Lizzie323
We're both 15 and recently i've noticed how self centred he can be. I never feel like i can talk to him about my problems because he'll just laugh and assume i'll get over it and when i look upset he just tells me to stop being grumpy. He often says quite hurtful things to me but our relationship is kind of jokey and harsh as we're really close and can say whatever we like to each other most of the time, but recently it's started to hurt me the way that he's been saying it. i've told him that i was upset with him and how i feel like our relationship is a bit one sided sometimes as i always say sorry to him after an argument even if it's that i'm the one who's upset and then he doesn't care when i tell him that he hurt my feelings. I understand that some of these little arguments we get into are silly but sometimes the things he says really upset me. i don't know what to do because i love him so much and i don't want to lose him as a friend. is it just that as it's the end of the year we are getting a bit sick of each other ? we never usually dislike each other.

Speak to him! He needs to learn to respect you x
Reply 2
Original post by SallyTheKid
Speak to him! He needs to learn to respect you x

thank you :smile: i have done but he just calls me grumpy and boring so i've just learnt to ignore it and move on with my life because there is literally no point in dwelling on something that's just not going to change as it's just the way he is and i need to respect the fact that i can't change him and he can't change me :smile: xxx
Reply 3
you could always cook and eat him. :tongue:
Reply 4
Or, he cooks for you and eats you afterward. :wink:
I've had this mate that I love so much. My parents know his parents so we kind of got to know each other at a very early age, probably 3. Throughout the years, we've had several periods during which we had no interest whatsoever talking to each other. One was when I was about 12. We were sitting beside each other in the classroom. We had massive arguments and I stopped talking to him for the rest of my middle school life. Then we went to high school and were great mates again.

What I wanted to say is that he probably views your as the best mate as well. But that sometimes means he would say and do all sorts of things to you, some of which may annoy you quite badly. He's 15 and it's an age many things happen. He may appear to be cool with everythings but the way he changed may indicate he's got something going on there. I would tell him my feelings have been hurt but would always be there to support him when he needs it.
Reply 6
People who put too many letters in words (i.e. 'Soooooo') annoy me so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending