The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Accommodation for post/grad

hi,

I am looking for a room near lancaster university. I am looking at 280pcm all inclusive. Does anyone know any room for rent. Naturally all utensils and wifi must be included.

thanks
Original post by wool naidoo
hi,

I am looking for a room near lancaster university. I am looking at 280pcm all inclusive. Does anyone know any room for rent. Naturally all utensils and wifi must be included.

thanks

Hello,

You might want to consider looking at some of the letting agencies that operate in Lancaster, or look on this forum if you'd like to share with other students. However, I think you'll find that for £280pcm you won't get wifi and/or utilities included in many houses/flats. For example, I have a shared house this coming year that has wifi and utilities included, and it's costing me £85pw. What your budget is, is £70pw. You should be able to find a room in the town for that, but it most likely won't come included with utilities or wifi.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
It's really very unlikely that you will find anything for £280pcm with everything included, i'd say you're looking at about £85 a week at least.
As others have said, £280pcm is not going to get you anything good. There may well be rooms out there for that price but internet, utilities (or utensils!) will almost certainly not be included and you'd almost certainly have a tiny room in a poorly maintained house.

Increase your budget to £80-£85 a week and you'll have a really good chance of getting something good.
I got a cheap room in my second year and that was basically because it was tiny and the people were desperate for someone to rent it and it was like 55+bills. I doubt you'll find somewhere that cheap as accomodation seems to be increasing loads each year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending