The Student Room Group

Girls/Guys: Most awkward place to be approached?

Well, for me it has to be places like:
the street
public transport/stops
whenever/wherever i've got my headphones in

This is simply because most girls are normally not in their element in these settings, or are in a hurry, or are not aware of her surroundings so approaching her may scare her away

what is your idea of an awkward place?

Scroll to see replies

I have never been approached so none of those would be awkward because having never been approached is much worse.
Toilets
Reply 3
The best way to approach a girl is to ask for Directions
Drop your stuff preferably lots of papers
She helps you collect them, giving you a chance to talk about the situation

You then tell her you think shes super foxy and await a restraining order
I find being approached just in the street pretty awkward. It's only happened a couple of times, but I was a bit taken aback and had no idea what to say/how to react. And the last time it happened I was in a rush and the guy wouldn't stop talking and I felt like I was being rude trying to get away (even though I had no idea who he was) :tongue:
So yeah, I reckon just being stopped in the street when you're going about your day

Posted from TSR Mobile
anywhere where I'm with my parents maybe
im butt ugly so never been approached.
Original post by James222

In London this situations goes down something like this.

You stop to ask her for directions............95% of the time she completely ignores you.

the other 5% may stop but will just walk all over your papers once you decide to drop them.

No romantic love connection will ever take place.
Original post by James222

Have you actually tested this in real life or are you just using a romcom as reference?

Because lol at that.
Hardly ever get approached but I've been asked for directions a few times when I'm on the tube. My hearing is pretty **** so I have to ask them about three times to repeat what they've asked :colondollar:

Never been approached romantically though :emo:
Original post by Kabulkid
im butt ugly so never been approached.

lol dbi
ye i never really get cold approached on streets and stuff.
In court would be pretty awkward, when you're on trial and she's the/a victim or witness
Original post by Afghan Warrior
lol dbi

haha on a serious note, i have never been approached.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Have you actually tested this in real life or are you just using a romcom as reference?

Because lol at that.

Lol no not used it in real life, the best topics to use in real life are situational. So if a crazy person is walking past then just say hey did you see that xyz. Some will be up for a conversation others wont. But having friendly conversation with a stranger and getting a date are light years apart

Original post by The_Mediocre_One
In London this situations goes down something like this.

You stop to ask her for directions............95% of the time she completely ignores you.

the other 5% may stop but will just walk all over your papers once you decide to drop them.

No romantic love connection will ever take place.

Really ? I get that its probably a terrible way of picking up girls but for general friendly conversation when I was new to London asking girls for directions or take photos of me all of them where happy to oblige even made small talk
Original post by Kabulkid
haha on a serious note, i have never been approached.

look seriously, stop begging it you 8/10 afghan.
Original post by Afghan Warrior
look seriously, stop begging it you 8/10 afghan.

haha sorrrrry.
Reply 17
Original post by ChickenMadness

Because lol at that.

Was thinking the same lol
sounded like sylvia days crossfire books :rolleyes:
Sexual health clinic
Whilst with my boyfriend
Train station
At the traffic lights- unknown to me, he followed me to where I was shopping and left his number on a card on my windscreen
In a que at the petrol station
Library
On a trip at the lakes with some young people I work with- they all started oohing and ahhing- and I thought I might get into trouble by my manager

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending