The Student Room Group

Should i apply to Edinburgh?

mevans sux
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
I got a BBB offer from Edinburgh and my AS results were AABC with GCSEs 6A 2B and 2C.

Just have a good personal statement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by whathe
I got a BBB offer from Edinburgh and my AS results were AABC with GCSEs 6A 2B and 2C.

Just have a good personal statement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds fantastic! Your results are similar to mine. Cheers for the help
Original post by jimbo007
Evening all, I've decided I'd like to do ppe at university and I've picked 4 universities I like which offer it (im struggling with the 5th). I'm thinking of applying for economics and politics at Edinburgh as my 5th option (I love the university). My concern is that I would be wasting an application and I would be better of applying elsewhere.

Obviously I haven't got my as grades back but I expect between AABC-ABCC, also I got 1 A*, 4/5 A's??, couple of B's, a C and a D at GCSE (damn French and food tech!). So nothing spectacular, I'm worried my grades would hold me back, but if my p.s was good do you think Edinburgh would accept me?

Help much appreciated

Also personal factors help. I read a document from Edinburgh a while ago which said they give extra points to those from the very north of England/Southern Scotland, those who go to low performing schools, first in family to uni e.c.t
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
Also personal factors help. I read a document from Edinburgh a while ago which said they give extra points to those from the very north of England/Southern Scotland, those who go to low performing schools, first in family to uni e.c.t

Okay sounds good, thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending