The Student Room Group

Cold feet or...

Hi!

I'm an 18 year old virgin.
I've been talking to this guy for about a month now, we've met up a couple of times and kissed etc.
We've talked about having sex (he's 19, not a virgin). I'm worried that I don't really like him and I just want to get the sex thing out of the way?
I think he's sweet, he says some lovely things, we're pretty honest and open with each other. I do like him, but I think I'm just panicking that I'm going to look back and regret my first time?

So, is it that big a deal? I always said I wanted to love the person, and though I really like him - I don't love him, maybe I will someday, I don't know.
Is it just nerves and cold feet, or am I worried because I'm not ready?
I think I'm over thinking it...
Original post by Crazy Lady!!!
Hi!

I'm an 18 year old virgin.
I've been talking to this guy for about a month now, we've met up a couple of times and kissed etc.
We've talked about having sex (he's 19, not a virgin). I'm worried that I don't really like him and I just want to get the sex thing out of the way?
I think he's sweet, he says some lovely things, we're pretty honest and open with each other. I do like him, but I think I'm just panicking that I'm going to look back and regret my first time?

So, is it that big a deal? I always said I wanted to love the person, and though I really like him - I don't love him, maybe I will someday, I don't know.
Is it just nerves and cold feet, or am I worried because I'm not ready?
I think I'm over thinking it...

I waited until I was ready. Not just finding someone that I trusted and cared for, but also taking the time to make sure that I was mature enough for what a sexual relationship meant.
I'd noticed a lot of people changing drastically in personality when it came to sex and I didn't want that to happen to me. At the end of the day, it should just come down to if you're comfortable with him and with yourself. It's hard to know if you're ready until the time comes. Don't feel that you "have to" or you're "supposed to" do anything by a certain time. Do it on your own terms and you won't regret it :smile:
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
I waited until I was ready. Not just finding someone that I trusted and cared for, but also taking the time to make sure that I was mature enough for what a sexual relationship meant.
I'd noticed a lot of people changing drastically in personality when it came to sex and I didn't want that to happen to me. At the end of the day, it should just come down to if you're comfortable with him and with yourself. It's hard to know if you're ready until the time comes. Don't feel that you "have to" or you're "supposed to" do anything by a certain time. Do it on your own terms and you won't regret it :smile:

Just to be clear... Yes, I am working for the parents of every teenager on this forum :tongue:

Thanks for replying!
I feel like I'm ready maturity-wise. I just don't want to regret it, I really don't think I will, but I need to be sure.

Just to be clear... Yes, I am working for the parents of every teenager on this forum :tongue:

Hahaha :P it would appear so!!!
Original post by Crazy Lady!!!
Thanks for replying!
I feel like I'm ready maturity-wise. I just don't want to regret it, I really don't think I will, but I need to be sure.

Hahaha :P it would appear so!!!

Well in that case I think it's just a matter of being sure that you trust and care for the other person. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well in that case I think it's just a matter of being sure that you trust and care for the other person. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - we met up last night and seeing him put me at ease again I think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending