The Student Room Group

What was the stupidest thing you wrote in a GCSE exam?

This was mine: I decided to use one statistic, *just* one, in my RE exam, and it was wrong: 'One in two marriages end in divorce', I wrote confidently.

When I left the exam, I recounted the sentence to my friend, it being the only true fact I'd made in the whole exam...I was, in a modest way, proud...

...Only to be corrected to say it was "one in three marriages" that end in divorce. I looked at him. He looked at me. We both burst out laughing. I felt comically crushed.

Then, I ended up getting a B on results day. Apparently the examiner didn't know either.

What's the stupidest thing you did in a GCSE exam you took recently?

Scroll to see replies

Answered the wrong b) part question on an Edexcel RS Unit 8 exam :frown:
Reply 2
I've wrote essay A and B instead of choosing one for my English gcse:angry:
Elena thinks that because (sin x)^2 + (cos x)^2 = 1, that sin(x)+cos(x)=1, why is she wrong?

Nate: Because she is a woman.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I answered every question in detailed illustrations.
(edited 9 years ago)
"I am a fish" over and over again... :wink:
I tried to argue God would have been a racist in my history exam. I got an A overall so I'm not sure if what I wrote was bad and the rest exceptionally good or all of it was just good.
Reply 7
I went full stupid and wrote reincarnation instead of karma in English literature exam... I haven't got the results back, I hope the examiner understood as a confusion under exam pressure and not 'misunderstanding meaning and misusing vocab'.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I think I made up stuff for my History exam and then shrowded it up with tonnes of writing... ah well.:redface:
Reply 9
I compared the wrong sources for the 16 mark question in the English Lang paper. Not my finest hour....
Made up a lot of 'facts' that appeared to be legit
Reply 11
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Made up a lot of 'facts' that appeared to be legit

Story of my life @geographycasestudies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gettig Lennie and George the wrong way round throughout the whole of the Literature question; so I subsequently said that Lennie killed George to top off the woeful exam.
In a maths exam I had no idea how to answer this 4 marker but I had loads of time left as I'd finished the paper and if I'm honest I didn't really care about maths; I'd already passed yet the school made me resit to try and so better -.- So after debating with myself ether to times, add, divide or minus the numbers I did all four calculations knowing one of them was right and hoping I'd get at least one working out mark. Smooth:wink:

Oh and in my history exam I spent 25 minutes on a 7 mark question and so only had 10 minutes to do the 10 marker, ugh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by LydiaFirefly<3
Oh and in my history exam I spent 25 minutes on a 7 mark question and so only had 10 minutes to do the 10 marker, ugh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This again is story of my life lol
I had this history paper which had big essay question at the end with 8 marks, I spent 50 mins on other question and I only had 10 mins for that one lol! I managed to get balanced argument just about but eh...the detail...
I wrote Intradependant and Intredependant, instead of Intraspecific and Ianterspecific in my Biology exam... Godamnit.
My physics paper wanted me to give a reason why someone wouldn't buy a new, modern fridgerator (not including cost) and i wrote "The individual may be emotionally attached to their outdated fridgerator."
Reply 17
Original post by annabanana12
My physics paper wanted me to give a reason why someone wouldn't buy a new, modern fridgerator (not including cost) and i wrote "The individual may be emotionally attached to their outdated fridgerator."

OCR 21st Century P1-3?
I used to try to amuse myself in, what my self-entitled brain deemed to be unimportant, exams by drawing little cartoons. I drew a brachiosaurus dressed in leather trousers and a whip with the caption "some dinosaurs are gay, get over it". Not really sure why.
Original post by Sulfur
OCR 21st Century P1-3?

Nooo, it was AQA P1

Quick Reply

Latest