The Student Room Group

Guys, Would You Date Me?

(I'm such a self centred person lol)

I'm an 18 year old college student who likes movies, TV, exercise, video games, meeting new people and trying new things

I have Asperger's syndrome (it makes me terrible in social situations, I usually can't figure out if someone's actually hitting on me or if they're just being friendly) and social anxiety (I tend to have panic attacks if surrounded by too many people, like at a concert for example)

I have a somewhat crazy sense of humour, I've been told I can make almost anyone laugh though, I'm also quite intelligent and eloquent

I guess my question is would anyone here consider dating me?

(feel free to say no lol)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd think people need to see your photo that you provided?
Reply 2
Original post by pane123
Pic upload didn't work. Would not date a girl who cannot upload pics.

Two things

1. I'm a guy

2. The picture opened up fine for me, have you tried right clicking it and clicking "open link in new tab"
Original post by pane123
Would not date a girl who cannot upload pics.

You're in for a surprise then if they are uploaded properly!
The picture is attached fine; the problem is that the moderators have yet to approve it. It says in the attachment box: Attachments Pending Approval
Reply 5
Erm... well I'm straight.... so...... probably not likely.
Reply 6
Original post by Coxy124
Erm... well I'm straight.... so...... probably not likely.

Fair enough man, I was kind of aiming this at gay/bi/pansexual guys though (probably should have made that clearer though)
Reply 7
You might want to try not opening with 'I'm so self centred'.
Just sayin'
Reply 8
Original post by ldsbabe
You might want to try not opening with 'I'm so self centred'.
Just sayin'

That was kind of intended as a joke :/
Rename thread Gays would you date me ? for better results.
Reply 10
Errm.. Yes I would date you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by mcfc
Errm.. Yes I would date you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, why thank you
not if your aspergers thing was noticeable,
but assuming you were attractive I'd say yes
Reply 13
Original post by zippity.doodah
not if your aspergers thing was noticeable,
but assuming you were attractive I'd say yes

When you say "noticeable" what do you have in mind?

And I've been told I'm attractive before now
Original post by PJEffect
When you say "noticeable" what do you have in mind?

And I've been told I'm attractive before now

e.g. if you did genuinely strange stuff, or acted in an anti-social way
Reply 15
Aspergers is something that I still today don't quite understand, sorry; could you explain it in the simplest terms?
Reply 16
e.g. if you did genuinely strange stuff, or acted in an anti-social way

I don't do particularly strange stuff, I just find it hard to talk to new people
Original post by PJEffect
I don't do particularly strange stuff, I just find it hard to talk to new people

well obviously everybody finds it difficult to meet/talk to new people to some extent, I'm talking about a noticeable and disturbing abnormality
Reply 18
Original post by kka25
Aspergers is something that I still today don't quite understand, sorry; could you explain it in the simplest terms?

Well you know how most people can just go up to someone and start talking to them, they can pick out when someone is flirting with them and they're good at dealing with groups? People with Asperger's (or me at least) aren't able to do any of those things, generally people with Asperger's are terrible at flirting and at talking to new people, reading facial expressions and body language
Reply 19
well obviously everybody finds it difficult to meet/talk to new people to some extent, I'm talking about a noticeable and disturbing abnormality

Again, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, can you give me an example?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending