The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Social Science Applicants?

Hey!

So I'm super stoked to be starting this September, 2014, and doing the Social Sciences course! Is anybody else doing this? What classes are you thinking of taking?
Would love to hear from some people already doing it, and those starting this year too of course!
Hi , I've been accepted to that same course and I am excited too about the wide variety of classes available, not sure exactly which I'm interested in taking yet as I hope to have more info on them first, what about you?
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Hey there! Thank god you did this post. At first I thought nobody was on that course, but gladly I've heard two girls and now you! I litteraly have no idea about the classes possibility because on the uni's website it says that due the start in september they have to organize themselves. I did a facebook group about our course: https://www.facebook.com/groups/274813826040637/
Anyway do you have received any information yet about registring and things like that?
Original post by DangoLover
Hi , I've been accepted to that same course and I am excited too about the wide variety of classes available, not sure exactly which I'm interested in taking yet as I hope to have more info on them first, what about you?

Hey! Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing all the classes, but i went to the applicant day and have a rough idea! The course is so flexible and I can't wait to register and pick them :smile: What sort of stuff are you interested in? Like veering towards psychology or the politics side?
Original post by ddivinity
Hey there! Thank god you did this post. At first I thought nobody was on that course, but gladly I've heard two girls and now you! I litteraly have no idea about the classes possibility because on the uni's website it says that due the start in september they have to organize themselves. I did a facebook group about our course: https://www.facebook.com/groups/274813826040637/
Anyway do you have received any information yet about registring and things like that?

Yeah, oh I'm glad to hear theres a few of us! Haha! Yeah, it's a change in the style of course so it's all being approved. I just asked to join the group :smile: Awesome idea by the way! And no I haven't but the uni go through programme by programme for registration. I've got all my funding and things through so just waiting for that. I have my student ID number, and on the page it says that if you don't hear before two weeks before the 15th to contact them. So what classes are you interested in? :smile:
Reply 5
Hey ,

I'm going to GCU for Social Sciences too :smile:. I don't know what I want to do either in terms of modules - I am definitely taking the History route though. I'm also thinking about taking a business module maybe journalism ??!! . :smile:

One thing I am really forward to is hopefully doing a year away in 3rd year.

It's good to hear from other people doing the course too !! :smile:)
Hey, I will be starting this course too. I'm really looking forward to it actually. There is so much modules to decide from haha, would quite like to go down the history route.
Reply 7
Original post by danielle17
Hey, I will be starting this course too. I'm really looking forward to it actually. There is so much modules to decide from haha, would quite like to go down the history route.

Hey ,

Glad to hear that someone else is interested in taking the history route :smile: . I agree that the choice of modules are really good , in fact I'm probably going to have a hard time choosing which ones to take !!.
Original post by captainbackfire
Hey! Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing all the classes, but i went to the applicant day and have a rough idea! The course is so flexible and I can't wait to register and pick them :smile: What sort of stuff are you interested in? Like veering towards psychology or the politics side?

I'm not quite sure at first Psychology but recently I've been pretty big into politics so I'm not 100% sure yet. you?
Original post by DangoLover
I'm not quite sure at first Psychology but recently I've been pretty big into politics so I'm not 100% sure yet. you?

I thought the Psychology part sounded really interesting too. It's so difficult to decide. I will probably just have to see what I enjoy best when we start.
is anyone else starting to get really nervous or is it just me? haha :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending