The Student Room Group

Can guys be attractive without wide-broad shoulders?

Poll

can men be attractive without wide shoulders?

do women notice or care about shoulder width on men?
Reply 1
most won't even notice lol
Reply 2
broad shoulder master race
Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal.
Although if I do notice, its because I notice they're too broad and the head looks tiny compared.
This question is on the same wavelength as do men care about pelvis width in women :dry:

In other words, nobody notices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't matter one bit
Well, I hope so. Mine aren't very broad.
Drink testosterone (you can get this from another man, preferably of the masculine wide shouldered variety) and wear very tight V-neck t shirts.
Shoulder width is irrelevant to attractiveness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wide shoulders... more to bite :sogood:
Reply 10
I do personally find broad shoulders attractive but I think men can be attractive without them. Also I wouldn't find someone attractive just because he has broad shoulders. In short it doesn't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes. No.
I don't take any notice of the width of shoulders

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Does this guy have broad shoulders? Hes cute.

Broad shoulders= hot
Reply 14
doesn't matter :smile:
OP, you need to start drinking testosterone from another guy with high testosterone levels. This is the only way you can widen your underlying bone structure. Muscles won't cut it. Alternatively, you could tone your shoulder muscles to give them the appearance of more width, by cutting and bulking at the same time.
Original post by Matty123123
can a guy be attracitve without wide-broad shoulders? do you even notice or care bout shoulder width?

Absolutely, but yes.

Meaning, I can definitely be attracted to a guy independently of whether or not he has broad shoulders, but being a sucker for guys with nice broad backs I would never say I don't notice them, because it is a thing for me.
Can a man be attractive without wide shoulders, obviously yes
Are wide shoulders generally more attractive to women, yeah tbh
I was actually surprised by how much women notice things like shoulders and height tbh :curious:
I can't say I've ever noticed the width of a man's shoulders.
Definitely not consciously, I don't notice shoulders.

But they do make up part of a person's look so then I thought about references I had seen in documentaries or whatever of the idea that women generally prefer wider shoulders and decided to try and see if I had an unconscious bias toward wider that I hadn't noticed. I've been looking through Google images at a range of random men and naah, I really don't think so. If anything I seem to prefer narrower shoulders but I do seem to be on average more drawn to slightly unusual looking men. Like Steve Buscemi.

(I'm an odd kind of person though, I don't normally look at people or have celebrity crushes or find anyone that I don't know sexually attractive - I still have preferences if you ask me to actually look ie. I could say 'I like that look' in the same way as 'I like that dress')

Quick Reply