The Student Room Group

Muslim Council of Britain reject Trojan horse report-proof muslims are extremists?

Poll

Does Muslim Council Supporting Trojan schools show majority of muslims are extremists

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/jul/23/trojan-horse-report-muslim-council-britain

Muslim Council of Britain apparently the moderate face of Islam have rejected the Trojan Horse schools report despite defintive evidence of extremists practices.

Is this proof that the majority of muslims support what has gone on in the Trojan horse schools and that the majority of muslims want Islam to dominate the UK
Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?
Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.
Reply 3
Maybe hehe
These Muslims, most of which are Pakistani are so embarrassing.
Reply 5
Original post by Snagprophet
Jesus Christ, we allow these people in this country?

don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism
Original post by Ace123
don't you feel enriched? biggest mistake to let muslims into the UK all they have done is cause terrorism and extremism

Some have. Most are decent people.

Stop generalising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The MCB isn't an elected body and I think it sometimes gets more press than it deserves, but it is the largest and best known representative organisation for Muslims in the UK, so I suppose on that level it is worth paying attention to. However, what it says doesn't prove anything about majority Muslim opinion one way or another.

That said, it is troubling how many Muslims in the UK seem to be in favour of a medieval-style repressive and reactionary view of things like the treatment of women and girls and the ways in which subjects at school are approached. I was depressed to read recently that in surveys, something like 20% of young Muslims here don't believe music should be an option for Muslim children at school. Pretty sad stuff really.
Reply 8
TBH I think the majority of muslims do not consider things like segregating genders or teaching creationism to be extremist in the first place. Both are completely normal and accepted as part of their religion, not "extremist" at all. That's where the problems start.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Is there no middle ground in this conversation? I don't think the majority are extremists but there is a large minority who are.

Did you read the OP? The problem is that there seems to be a hell of a lot of tacit support for extremist practices among the 'peaceful, moderate majority'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending