The Student Room Group

What are the easiest A Levels to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by marple
Hi
Have you also looked into all the "extra" stuff you need to do for medicine? It can take longer than you think to find suitable volunteering opportunities and you need to have shown a reasonable level of commitment by the time you apply.

http://www.medicalcareers.nhs.uk/considering_medicine/work_experience/volunteering.aspx

good luck

Thank you so much!
I'd recommend A Level maths. I have both enjoyed it and found it very easy. I feel you would struggle to do the maths involved in a medical degree without at least one A level in maths.
Original post by Aleenaa
Because ive Looked at the websites and you only need a a a to get in..
you must remember though that: (1)these are minimum entry requirements and (2) those are A2 grades , most if not all candidates will have 4 AS.
For example Cambridge state online that their acceptance for natural sciences is A*A*A however on visiting the university I was told on average the students had 3.4 A*s each - meaning they either had 3 or 4 A*s at A2.
Reply 23
Original post by rachelc142
you must remember though that: (1)these are minimum entry requirements and (2) those are A2 grades , most if not all candidates will have 4 AS.
For example Cambridge state online that their acceptance for natural sciences is A*A*A however on visiting the university I was told on average the students had 3.4 A*s each - meaning they either had 3 or 4 A*s at A2.

thank you! x
Original post by Aleenaa
thank you! x

Thats ok ! :smile: x
For medicine you need to up your game. Another serious subject at A2 eg Maths as suggested plus at least one other AS possibly A2. As indicated by an earlier poster Maths is not overly taxing and importantly is not massively time consuming either. The online resources now available make it one of the better / easiest subjects now.
Reply 26
I don't think I can do Maths.. what about bio chem psychology and sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For medicine you need 3 science a levels, i've heard. Preferably with a 4th AS.
The Sutton Trust research shows that quite a large number of uni candidates who are certainly bright enough ruin their own chances by choosing unsuitable A level combos. For serious students particularly in medicine research here is vital and in particular you need to learn what a Russell Group facilitating subject is.
I have just finished my a levels, and I must say that psychology, unless you really commit it is very hard as the work load is horrific! English language is actually a really nice subject to do if you have the AQA board! You have a lot of choice in what you do I thought I'd hate it but I didn't mind it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Thank you Lizzysmith.. But English is by far my worst subject :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
And no you don't need 3 science a levels. If you look at the entry requirements, most university's only want Chemistry and they say and/OR biology.. Then they ask for another A in A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Aleenaa
Because ive Looked at the websites and you only need a a a to get in..

How many people do you think actually get those grades, if not higher and still not get in? Just because it says 'AAA is the requirement for A2' doesn't mean you've got a place if you're predicted that. C'mon you can't be THAT naíve? :confused: It's a requirement to even be considered.

Also, just because it says you need chemistry or biology; doesn't mean its enough. If you got AA*A* in Chemistry, History, Psychology and another candidate got AAA* in Chemistry, Maths/Phys and Biology. The other would most likely get picked.

I can't stress enough that the requirements written on university pages and the UCAS pages are absolute MINIMUM requirements.
Reply 33
Original post by Aleenaa
Thank you Lizzysmith.. But English is by far my worst subject :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've read, you should pick sociology, it's quite a 'safe' option, and arguable the 'easiest' a level..my friend read her notes before the exam without doing revision beforehand, and got a high B grade:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
btw psychology is **** imo also you dont learn anything useful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Lizzyysmith
I have just finished my a levels, and I must say that psychology, unless you really commit it is very hard as the work load is horrific! English language is actually a really nice subject to do if you have the AQA board! You have a lot of choice in what you do I thought I'd hate it but I didn't mind it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology revision was the death of me, there was just too many case studies to follow for each topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I advise you to not listen to people telling you to do maths unless you're naturally good at it. It is by no means an "easy" A level lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheVth
Psychology revision was the death of me, there was just too many case studies to follow for each topic :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was horrific wasn't it! Then having to structure the answers, it was all too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should also do 4 AS subjects or you'll be disadvantaged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Lizzyysmith
It was horrific wasn't it! Then having to structure the answers, it was all too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I get a B, I'll honestly be so happy! I put everything into the countless hours of revision 😧😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest