The Student Room Group

I dont think a 9-5 and my industry is for me

I'm on an internship in London at the moment for 3 months and I'm not settling in well. Im basically on the last straw by both the MD and deputy md because apparently I come in late all the time and Im the least hardest working person in the office.
I didnt get off to a good start because I only had a few hours of sleep the night before because I could only move then and since then its been hell.
I find the work incredibly boring. I mean its for a b2b pr agency but ill ive been doing is admin work and data entry. But I know if I quit ill literally have no income as its hard to get another job and I really dont want to go into retail/hospitality as I have no prior exp for it anyway.

I just cant seem to do it. Im in front of a comp screen all day doing the same thing. Its making me reconsider the industry as a whole because obviously youre gonna have to start from the bottom up but I dont think I can stick it out for the period it will take me to get there.
I dont know man I'm just sick and tired of my life. Ive got so many money problems and im constantly worrying about everything
Reply 1
In exactly the same position with the internship thing. Absolutely hate it but can't quit. Just make sure you can get a good reference at the end of it...if you can't, you might as well quit now.

Good luck x
Reply 2
Original post by ldsbabe
In exactly the same position with the internship thing. Absolutely hate it but can't quit. Just make sure you can get a good reference at the end of it...if you can't, you might as well quit now.

Good luck x

lol i doubt ill get a good reference im literally staying for the money now.
Do you know what you want to do as a career?
Reply 4
Original post by 'Ello Dave!
Do you know what you want to do as a career?

yeah marketing/pr. i want to work as a copywriter also but i dont know how to do that
I was in the same position as you and I left 2 months in, I was hired as a marketing associate, and the best thing I enjoyed about that was the copywriting lol, the other stuff was mundane stuff like data entry, cold calling etc. After I left I got a job as a part time night receptionist at a hotel, only 2 days a week, good money on the side while I'm at uni. But once I graduate I will be looking to put my degree to use, but I can't stand office jobs it's way too mundane and tiresome, however copywriting is easy to do and I kind of like it. You should try getting into freelance work, as these stuff can be done from home, but like anything else you have to build a reputation for people to hire you to work from home, from websites like people per hour etc, I tried it but couldnt stay persistent.

good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending