The Student Room Group

Clearing lists

Hi,

I've been wondering about the possibility of having to go into Clearing, and just wanted to check, where can you actually search for what courses/uni's currently have places in Clearing. Despite there being lots on info on Clearing on UCAS, I cant actually find where your supposed to search for places in Clearing, and I need to know about one certain university quite urgently...

Many thanks... :smile:
Original post by Dgoldstraw
Hi,

I've been wondering about the possibility of having to go into Clearing, and just wanted to check, where can you actually search for what courses/uni's currently have places in Clearing. Despite there being lots on info on Clearing on UCAS, I cant actually find where your supposed to search for places in Clearing, and I need to know about one certain university quite urgently...

Many thanks... :smile:

The lists aren't out yet, except in rare cases. You will find them in print form in the Telegraph on results day, and on the university website. The lists aren't available until after results are in because even the universities don't know how many places there are going to be yet, unless they've totally cocked up and haven't managed to make enough offers during the year.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
The lists aren't out yet, except in rare cases. You will find them in print form in the Telegraph on results day, and on the university website. The lists aren't available until after results are in because even the universities don't know how many places there are going to be yet, unless they've totally cocked up and haven't managed to make enough offers during the year.

Ah right, thanks.

I'm just a bit worried at the moment, as I've just searched a certain course on the UCAS search tool, and it says "course closed to new applicants."

Will this probably just mean those who haven't made any kind of application to a course yet then? It doesn't include applications through Clearing?
Original post by Dgoldstraw
Ah right, thanks.

I'm just a bit worried at the moment, as I've just searched a certain course on the UCAS search tool, and it says "course closed to new applicants."

Will this probably just mean those who haven't made any kind of application to a course yet then? It doesn't include applications through Clearing?

No, it's what they say when the normal application cycle closed on 30th June. From now on, anyone applying will be put straight into clearing, but as I said, clearing proper doesn't open until results day. (BTW if you are Scottish, the Scottish universities start clearing a week earlier, when Scottish results come out.)
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, it's what they say when the normal application cycle closed on 30th June. From now on, anyone applying will be put straight into clearing, but as I said, clearing proper doesn't open until results day. (BTW if you are Scottish, the Scottish universities start clearing a week earlier, when Scottish results come out.)

ok, thanks...
Reply 5
I've been helping my sister look as she's having second thoughts about the course she has chosen and quite a lot of university's have there courses that are available in clearing on there website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending