The Student Room Group

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Original post by tsr1269
You're a new member so I'll excuse you and remind you of the "rule":

Whoever makes an assertion must prove it.
Like "god exists" for example?
Reply 42
Original post by QE2
Like "god exists" for example?

Sure. As an atheist, no one asks you to prove that God does not exist, do they because that would be ludicrous...
Reply 43
Original post by Edison'sWords
It has got nothing to do with Islam!!
Yes it has!! There are enough hadith and Islamic scholars supporting it to make that undeniable. It may not have originated in Islam but it is certainly a part of it now for many Muslims.

The prophet Muhammed (pbuh) didn't order his daughters to do this and there is nothing in the Quran stating that it is obligatory etc-
So only those things explicitly ordered by Muhammad in the Quran are Islamic? Are you a Quranist?

If it was, then all Islamic countries would practise it- they do not. Case closed.
So unless it is practiced by all Muslims, it is not Islamic? Thats a whole kettle of fish there.
Reply 44
Original post by tsr1269
Sure. As an atheist, no one asks you to prove that God does not exist, do they because that would be ludicrous...
That's a refreshingly honest thing for a religious person to say. They usually deny that the burden of proof is on them.
Original post by Radicalathiest
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/isis-women-girls-fgm-mosul-un

but I'm sure we'll get a queue of people tell us this is nothing to do with Islam:rolleyes:

Bear in mind that in Iraq and Syria FGM is nowhere near widespread.

Also. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28466434 Perhaps someone could have said this as a joke? Or to highlight the dangers of believing the media/anything online sans further evidence? Or the whole issue of FGM as a whole?
Original post by Olie
I don't know where it says that in whatever book, but it can't be a coincidence that many of the countries that the FGM practice is concentrated in are Muslim.

Can you decipher that chart? FGM is prevalent in Africa. Those are not predominantly Muslim states. Predominantly Muslim states would be Saudi Arabia and co.
Read the bit in bold again. You sure do sound dumb. The Quran is not any 'whatever' book, Islam is based on it.

Original post by Olie
And from the WHO's description of FGM -

That sounds quite like Islamic beliefs does it not?

If that sounds 'quite Islamic' to you then you need to go pick up a book or something.
Original post by well in the dark
You're deluded. Correction: Israel is a sickening, lying, deceiving, thieving nation, and Israel's demise is fast approaching.

If you look at majority of the governed countries they have a poorer management system than the ordinary office. Israel would decimate all the Arabs who dare attack them. Plus there is next to no chance the USA would turn on them as they have invested a lot in to the nation. Furthermore if you look at their military trade countries from India, China, Russia to America, France and UK buy from them and equally trade. There is too much too lose for the major powerhouses of the world. It's just crying liberals like yourself who want to destroy Israel when majority of people don't give a monkeys what they do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by QE2
Yes it has!! There are enough hadith and Islamic scholars supporting it to make that undeniable. It may not have originated in Islam but it is certainly a part of it now for many Muslims.

So only those things explicitly ordered by Muhammad in the Quran are Islamic? Are you a Quranist?

So unless it is practiced by all Muslims, it is not Islamic? Thats a whole kettle of fish there.

Indeed, perhaps not all Islamic countries practice it, but the countries where the practice is most prevalent (e.g. Somalia, Guinea, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Mali, Sudan) are all predominantly Muslim countries which can't be a coincidence.

_76432219_female_mutilation_20142207_464.gif
Original post by Straw-man666
So you think isis are muslims? :facepalm:

Another brainwashed individual fed by the media.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Before they join ISIS they are Muslims yet once they join you say they are not.

For once take responsibility for your followers and don't expect Israel, USA and the west to do your dirty work
Original post by QE2

Okay I don't need to prove what I am and what I am not to you, thanks. I've heard enough Imans and Islamic scholars talk of this to know that it hasn't got anything to do with Islam. People use this an excuse to force this onto others and even reading what you've put has made me so angry omg. I don't know how you can say it's 'undeniable'- so you've read all the evidence available am I correct. And of course that's not what I'm saying! Why would you jump to such rapid conclusions from one statement? I was giving an example for goodness sake. You yourself have just said it hasn't originated from Islam- it hasn't...but it's prevalent enough in many Islamic countries for people to start using religion as a reason. And why on earth would I think that it's not Islamic if it's not practised by all Muslims? I'm just making a point of saying that it hasn't been shown to have a religious rooting and this is shown by the demographic that's undergoes this procedure. It is not religious, it's cultural. It's not only Muslims who practise it, there are others. I have a feeling you're unwilling to listen to any other opinions though; you seem to have made up your mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olie
Indeed, perhaps not all Islamic countries practice it, but the countries where the practice is most prevalent (e.g. Somalia, Guinea, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Mali, Sudan) are all predominantly Muslim countries which can't be a coincidence.

_76432219_female_mutilation_20142207_464.gif

Have you considered that it's cultural aspects that have led to it becoming predominant in Muslim countries and not religious reasons? Granted the fact that it is Muslim countries doesn't favour this argument but we need to look at all possibilities. In these countries it is not uncommon for people to use religion as an excuse and guilt-mechanism to coerce girls into undergoing the procedure- which is just sickening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fake story, in case you guys hadn't realised.
Reply 53
Original post by QE2
That's a refreshingly honest thing for a religious person to say. They usually deny that the burden of proof is on them.

So do you have the "fatwa" or not?
What's the consensus? Just so I can play Devil's advocate?
Reply 55
Original post by Politricks
Except for charlatans like Hamza Tzortzis, who is now ludicrously claiming that the existence of God is a 'basic reality', and that the burden of proof is on the Atheist to show that it is not.

Listen, I appreciate you trying to derail the thread but let's get back to the matter at hand.

Are you able to provide the "fatwa" or not to warrant further discussion?
Reply 56
It seems the same 'people' in here defending ISIS, are also in the Israel/Pal thread defending Hamas.

No surprise, they're both cut from the same cloth.
Original post by QE2

May I also kindly guide you towards this website: http://www.forwarduk.org.uk/key-issues/fgm/fgm-islam
It explains and details how and why what you've said simply isn't true. It also explains how the existing Hadith supporting FGM have been proven to be inauthentic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to be a REAL nutcase to invite Al Qaeda into your town just because you dont like the Politician ruling your country.
Islam is a religion of peace, cuddles by the fireplace and teddy bears singing hymns in unison.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending