The Student Room Group

Listening to music in a different language.

So... i can't be the only one who listens to music sung in a different language.

Apart from listening to music sung in English i also listen to music sung in French, German and Korean to name but a few. I don't speak french, German or Korean, but that doesn't bother me. I know for some it would though.

I know that some people like to understand what they are listening to but i'm more for the melody, pitch, tone etc. Lyrics don't really interest me. So that being said, who else listens to music in a different language?

Interested to hear your opinions. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;HkMNOlYcpHg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg[/video]
Lol THAT above is the worst song ever!
Yeap I love listening to foreign music
Like korean Russian Spanish Portuguese French middle east Asian I have no idea what some of then are saying but sounds good

Though I prefer more instrumentals than singers in general
Reply 3
I listen to a lot of French music!

Some of Coeur de Pirate's songs are pretty good, she's French Canadian.
Apart from English and another language, I also listen to Japanese songs and k-pop although, one of the reasons why I listen to japanese songs is because they are the language of anime openings (if that makes sense).

I sometimes listen to latin or italian songs (is that the lang. of Ave Maria?) because I've always wanted to learn those language.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like madeline peyroux I think that's her name and corrine Clement? I think that's the name lol in terms of French
Girls generation korean girl group = you got to applaud their effort ha
One song that comes into mind is papa outai and stuff like gasolina ect
The only song I listen to in a different language (songs at Ghanaian weddings don't count :teehee:)

[video="youtube;b7lcFXZJ1Zw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7lcFXZJ1Zw[/video]

I swear this is the only good thing that came out of my German GCSE
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
If you don't ever listen to Rammstein, then I'm sorry, but you're seriously missing out. :wink:
Original post by rivertosea
Lol THAT above is the worst song ever!
Yeap I love listening to foreign music
Like korean Russian Spanish Portuguese French middle east Asian I have no idea what some of then are saying but sounds good

Though I prefer more instrumentals than singers in general

I forgot Russian, how could i forget Russian, thanks for the reminder :biggrin:

Original post by rivertosea
Girls generation korean girl group = you got to applaud their effort ha

Girl Generation. I really liked one of their songs, i wil try and find it.
Reply 11
I listen to German songs, and only understand them because I study German :smile:
Yeah, I listen to Korean & Japanese music a lot, so I do listen to music in other languages.
You don't need to understand the language to like the music, every one is different. xD
Original post by pacni

New favourite artist, cheers for that.

Favourite from a different language is probably Ana Tijoux. Need to listen to more foreign stuff.
I found it. Dat beat :biggrin:

[video="youtube;AfU4qSkb-Cg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfU4qSkb-Cg[/video]
Reply 16
Sometimes listen to German music (especially Cro for some reason, even though it's miles away from my usual thing) but I do speak German so that's probably why
Original post by jm925
Sometimes listen to German music (especially Cro for some reason, even though it's miles away from my usual thing) but I do speak German so that's probably why

I have always wanted to learn German :biggrin:
Being a fan of some rather heavy metal, it makes very little difference what language is spoken at times! :lol:

Otherwise, Sigur Ros is probably my most listened to foreign language music, and not understanding it doesn't matter at all!

Original post by pacni
I listen to a lot of French music!

She did the music for the game "Child of Light" and it is a beautiful soundtrack. :yep:
Reply 19
It can be good :awesome:

[video="youtube;L9gDX4mfWtY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9gDX4mfWtY[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest