The Student Room Group

A GCSE option you wish you'd chosen

We all have one, don't we? Choosing GCSEs is quite manic and we're so young when we do.

For me I wish I'd taken Music or Drama, or carried on French which I dropped at the end of Year 10 as it was a twilight class and it was making me tired.

Anyone have any regrets on GCSE choices?

Manual Poll I've made
History: 16
Geography: 6
Latin: 6
Spanish: 6
Economics: 6
Additional Maths: 5
French: 5
Media Studies: 4
Psychology: 4
Design and Technology: 4
Astronomy: 3
Further Maths: 3
Sociology: 3
ICT: 3
PE: 2
Graphics: 2
Ancient History: 2
Electronics: 2
Business Studies: 2
Computing: 2
Classical Civilisation: 1
Geology: 1
Law: 1
Textiles: 1
Photography: 1
Travel and Tourism: 1
Religious Studies: 1
Home Economics: 1
German: 1
Biology: 1
Physics: 1
Chemistry: 1
Citizenship: 1
Music: 1
Dance: 1
SWAG: 1 :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I wish my school gave us the option of Geology :frown:
Physcology
My school chose our subject except from if you wanted to do further maths and triple science which I had chosen
Original post by Numberwang
We all have one, don't we? Choosing GCSEs is quite manic and we're so young when we do.

For me I wish I'd taken Music or Drama, or carried on French which I dropped at the end of Year 10 as it was a twilight class and it was making me tired.

Anyone have any regrets on GCSE choices?

I was forced to take art gcse by my school!it was torture:angry:
Reply 5
Original post by chocolatesauce
Physcology

Hmm, that gets me thinking, my school didn't do Psychology at GCSE but did at A-level.

Is it still a GCSE? Sociology used to be and my school didn't offer that - I would've taken Sociology at GCSE because I'm sure it would've been pretty soft...
Wanted to take Astronomy but my Mother wasn't having that :rofl:

Anyhoo it all was cushty in the end so I'm not bothered
Original post by Numberwang
Hmm, that gets me thinking, my school didn't do Psychology at GCSE but did at A-level.

Is it still a GCSE? Sociology used to be and my school didn't offer that - I would've taken Sociology at GCSE because I'm sure it would've been pretty soft...

I don't think sociology is anymore, my school doesn't offer it. I would have done photography too...
I definitely wish I'd taken History but people were like "It's too hard" , "My brother said there's too many dates to remember" ect. etc.

http://thesciencesoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/
TSR is the only place where students reminisce about GCSE's they want to take.

Oh well, Travel and Tourism + Economics.
If you could do astophysics at GCSE, astrophysics.

Of the ones they actually offered, design tech or something it was called at my school, essentially wood work/construction type stuff.
astronomy and additional maths. or that extra maths gcse thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DT sounds fun
History. The areas we learnt about were so boring. suffragettes and ****. FDR. boring social stuff.
Reply 14
Wish I didn't have to take English literature, though, I did fall asleep in class a lot so its kinda a bonus

Would have preferred to have taken electronics in its place
Wish I had taken a foreign language so I could carry on with it at A Level.
Latin and (even more crucially) Additional Maths.
Original post by ChickenMadness
History. The areas we learnt about were so boring. suffragettes and ****. FDR. boring social stuff.

What would you prefer to learn about?
Reply 18
I wish I took ICT instead of Graphics :frown:
My Options were ICT, History and Business Studies.

Wish i could have not taken humanities as it was such a nothing subject and taken french. I had it as my third choice but didn't get it so did business instead.

Quick Reply

Latest