The Student Room Group

Is it because i'm Chinese?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
They don't really mind tbh. If anything, they kind of tease me that I'll be husband-less when I'm older. I don't mind the race, im quite open about this sorta thing just aslong as I get along with that person. Looks just need to be average for me.
About the photo...its anonymous for a reason. Plus in a lil wary of posting photos on the internet. But I can pm it you so long as you give an honest opinion :/

I wouldn't pm it.
Reply 21
It just concerns me that noone has actually approached me even though I'm always smiling and being nice. They're all looking at my friends who are white. I'm not a book worm, although I do study but I still party a lot. It could be my appearance. :/
Oriental guys are actually hard to approach in the UK. I'd prefebly prefer an oriental guy just to suit my parents likings but they're not as open.I'm in uni, i tried to talk to one but they're like really shy maybe its the lack of English that makes them like that. Or sometimes when I walk past a group of them, they'd just stare and I get intimidated.

show a picture of yourself.
Original post by SallyTheKid
Yw, and thank you :smile: Your fashion sense and stuff sounds fine TBH. Your social life does too, although you could try joining clubs/societies you're interested in? (this is a really great way to meet guys and just make new friends in general).

I can't really see where you're going wrong, maybe try taking the initiative a bit more though if you do like someone? Do you know anyone who's single right now and whom you fancy? :tongue:

Bless, you're so sweet. Yeah, i have joined societies but theyre the ones that my friends joined so i tagged along. I think this upcoming year, I'll join societies that I'm interested in. Fingers crossed!

Tbh, i did end up liking a guy on my course but he ended up being a d***. He invited me to his party n the thing I see is him sucking faces with my close friend. Luckily I got over that, im still friends with both of them n I actually support them together so its cool. I don't have a crush as of now tho sadly.
Original post by imtelling
Does your family approve of you dating a non Chinese boyfriend?

Who cares what her family approves of ?
They don't really mind tbh. If anything, they kind of tease me that I'll be husband-less when I'm older. I don't mind the race, im quite open about this sorta thing just aslong as I get along with that person. Looks just need to be average for me.
About the photo...its anonymous for a reason. Plus in a lil wary of posting photos on the internet. But I can pm it you so long as you give an honest opinion :/

You are not a Chinese girl are you? Lol

'Is it because I'm chinese?' is great satire to be honest. Should have noticed it as soon as I read it. Well done.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SallyTheKid
I wouldn't PM him your photo, he's posted a few questionable/borderline racist things before. :s-smilie:

Holy cow, I haven't thank God. I'll keep it to myself then :smile:
Thank you for the heads up. Sometimes its hard to trust people online :s-smilie:
Bless, you're so sweet. Yeah, i have joined societies but theyre the ones that my friends joined so i tagged along. I think this upcoming year, I'll join societies that I'm interested in. Fingers crossed!

Tbh, i did end up liking a guy on my course but he ended up being a d***. He invited me to his party n the thing I see is him sucking faces with my close friend. Luckily I got over that, im still friends with both of them n I actually support them together so its cool. I don't have a crush as of now tho sadly.

Yeah, you should definitely do that! Most of my friends at uni have all made really close friends through societies. What are your hobbies/what do you like doing? Try those kinds of societies. You could pick a society that matches the kinds of guys you want to meet too :tongue: (sports clubs will obviously have a lot of sporty guys, the debating club is good for meeting geeky guys).

Ah, that sucks :frown: Sorry to hear that :hugs:

Holy cow, I haven't thank God. I'll keep it to myself then :smile:
Thank you for the heads up. Sometimes its hard to trust people online :s-smilie:

You're welcome :smile: I wouldn't send people pictures online in general TBH, once you've sent someone a picture you can't get it back unfortunately :s-smilie:
Original post by appdeveloper165
You do realise in the UK, tons of white guys, black guys and pretty much every race have a fetish for East Asian girls?
I have spoken to many guys and a lot of them have that fetish.

You are in the advantage. When you compare it to East asian men, they are at the bottom when it comes to attraction for females but for men, East asian girls are at the top.

Deny it all you want, a guy will give an East asian girl most of the time, a second look.
With East asian guys, most girls don't even look twice.
I have tons of East asian friends and trust me, this happens ;D.

Also you have East asian girls that don't date East asian guys, met quite a few at Uni.

My advice is, show them that you are interested and not try to be "friends".

Wow, I honestly didn't know that. Guess you learn something New everyday :smile:

Your info is actually so accurate. I'm more routing for British men simply because i haven't found a good looking east Asian guy. They're sodifferent from what you see on TV. Go China n a lot of them, i wouldnt even give a second look.

Thanks tho! I haven't pm'd my photo :smile:
I think I'm gna take a different approach this year. Maybe you're right. I could be giving off the friendzone vibe :/ I try to treat everyone the same.
Original post by Nigella
Not at all :smile: I'm a black girl and according to every website and forum I am 'undesirable' and despite that I have white guys approach me alot.

You'll be fine :smile:

Aww bless. Thanks, I think I feel a lot better now. I guess I still have 2 years of uni to wait. I think i was just feeling rather down whch lead me to think that way. just gotta get over it n do what I gotta do I guess :smile:
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.
There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

Honestly reading this really got to me, there's so much I want to say but you're on anonymous.

Please can you PM me and I will share with you my story, and hopefully help you out !
Reply 30
Original post by Mr Smurf
Plenty of guys like Oriental girls are long as you are not the complete book worm type who puts no effort into your appearance. The same can't be said about Oriental guys. :frown:

Even over the internet I can taste the salt of your bitter tears.

As long as I've been on TSR, I've seen you trot this tired line out over and over and over again. It's completely at odds with reality, and really quite an offensive opinion.

In the past, you've even claimed that there is no such thing as white woman / Chinese dude marriages - which is clearly nonsense.

When are you going to get over it? You're just poisoning your own psyche and possibly your future happiness.
Original post by Maker
My sister is Chinese .

:confused: and you are not?
England is really racist. Last summer I went on a date with a white man and he was racist to me on the date!

Why don't you just date another Chinese guy? He'll treat you better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem.

Yeah, well that's a shame and it sounds rather unpleasant. But your ethnicity is what it is, and you kind of need to maybe try to just own it.

And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.

Here's the thing - if you were a boy, there would be no question as to what the problem is - you're a geek. It's also a sad truth that being a geek isn't really very sexy. The girls that claim being nerdy or geeky is attractive are basically hot women who have found a pair of glasses and put them on.

You're trying to equate what you believe to be positive personal qualities with attractiveness to other people. It doesn't work like that. It might be that the boys you are looking for are the ones who aren't interested in cleverness and japanese comics. They might be the ones who are interested in big tits and the ability to just go nuts twice a week.

Possibly look for someone closer to your own interest groups. Half the time these geeky clubs are packed with boys waiting for a person like you to come along.

There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

Well, you can't hurry love. You'll just have to wait. They say love don't come easy.

It's a game of give. And take.
Reply 34
Original post by honeyandlemon
England is really racist. Last summer I went on a date with a white man and he was racist to me on the date!

He was racist towards you on the actual date ? what a plonker :rolleyes: share the story :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by honeyandlemon

Easier said than done. They got important work to do, like all those secret missions on Black Ops.

Call of Duty don't play itself, babe.
Reply 36
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.

No it's not your fault,some people in this country are evil.

Best thing is to hang around your own people or other minorities. White women/men are mentally unstable anyway. Look in their eyes, they always look scared like a frightened animal. They are always on a crusade because deep down they know their people are devils and have wrought the most evil among the worlds people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Nigella
Not at all :smile: I'm a black girl and according to every website and forum I am 'undesirable' and despite that I have white guys approach me alot.

You'll be fine :smile:

White guys will bang anything,it's not hard to get one.
Reply 38
Original post by Mirouko
I'm an Indian living in the UK I had loads of racism from jealous people,it's the white lower class,they are jealous of our success we are doing better than them in their own country .So don't worry about it and study well.

Same here but I'm a Sri lankan girl

1. When I have hung around too many Whites, they have often made too many comments about my race, asked too much about my culture, made false assumptions about it and then made some "suggestions" about what is wrong with my culture and how the British culture is better.

2. When I do hang around too many White people, I find that they are very sensitive, especially the men. I remember one time when a friend asked me if I would date a White man, I said no because I am not attracted to them. Two White guys behind me called me a racist and said that no one would want to date "curry trash" anyways.

3. I find that when I hang around too many Whites they try their best to control my views. I know when a White girl asked me about my views on dogfighting, I said "hmm no comment, guess those people need something better to do with their time". Well she said "yea you better oppose it because it is wrong and by all means you need to join groups and fight out against such an atrocity, it is just wrong".

4. White women have a very tough time taking No for an answer. I am currently dating a Latino and this White guy who asked me out months ago (I denied him) keeps on bothering me and she has actually managed to convince herself that I like her when I don't. She tries her best to intervene when my girlfriend and I are making out or talking, she disrupts the conversation and keeps trying to talk to me and when I ignore her she gets a fit.

5. White people say some of the most racist things about my race and culture without even knowing that they are being racist "you cow worshipers" and sometimes they call my people "slum people", according to them they are just "joking" and not being racist.

6. White people are very very very nosy about my personal life. I mean I hate it, when I hang with Black people and they ask me what type of girls I like, I answer and they say "ayy brah you got yo taste". White people? Well they say the following "I mean yea but you are being close minded, you don't have to like Indian girls I mean you should give Blondes and Redheads a chance because you just never know, being like you are being will get you nowhere in life and I mean we need to diversify and everything".
Reply 39

Are you this Chinese

or this Chinese :s-smilie:

Point is, your race has nothing to do with it. Sexy and ugly in all races. Try grooming and being [comfortable with] yourself and you'll see results, surely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending