The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Review University Of Manchester

Well i didnt got any good forums on FB where i can share my views on University of Manchester. Before UOM i have been to University of Texas for my internship in 2013. If anyone ask me to describe UOM i will call it a **** rather worse than this, I belive internship is not only your research growth it is also widens your minds, help u in knowing about culture of different laces in the world and also a platform where you can visit various other places. When it comes to visiting places then the most imp things strikes me is "STIPEND", well now you guys can know why i call this place as a ****. Before joining here i have offers from one the best laces in the world University of Maryland, US but i accept this offer thinking it might be wonderful to visit UK as i have already been to US. I promised to be paid 1200 pounds per month as stipend which was Kool. Its been more than 2 months and i have been paid just 1200 pounds and even for that i have to ran from department to departments. These guys dont even know what they have to do, they are like sweet, cute little morons sitting in front of desktop doing nothing except enjoying beer, coffee etc. They cant even do their duties properly and its pathetic that a summer intern student running all day just for the sake of stipend and these guys can misplace forms soo easily. One of the employee told me that they are the biggest university in UK, i guess this is the biggest jooke i have heared in last 2 months. Even universities in India are far better, well equipped, well organised than UOM. It cant even stand in front of Indian Universities. Here HR services sucksss and they dont even know the present rules from HMRC (taxation). Firstly they put me on wrong payroll because of which i have to pay 30% of my stipend as tax and later HMRC department told me that i should be charged with tax but University of charging me with tax that too 30% HOLY ****. I solved tht matter and claimed back 30% of the deducted amount but after that no payment till now. I guesss this was my biggest mistake to opt for UOM despite of having an offer from Maryland. Anyways this post is just for students who are applying for internships in UOM. Please never apply ad even if u did secure your own funding cz university will make you sick.
Original post by intern_mancheste
Well i didnt got any good forums on FB where i can share my views on University of Manchester. Before UOM i have been to University of Texas for my internship in 2013. If anyone ask me to describe UOM i will call it a **** rather worse than this, I belive internship is not only your research growth it is also widens your minds, help u in knowing about culture of different laces in the world and also a platform where you can visit various other places. When it comes to visiting places then the most imp things strikes me is "STIPEND", well now you guys can know why i call this place as a ****. Before joining here i have offers from one the best laces in the world University of Maryland, US but i accept this offer thinking it might be wonderful to visit UK as i have already been to US. I promised to be paid 1200 pounds per month as stipend which was Kool. Its been more than 2 months and i have been paid just 1200 pounds and even for that i have to ran from department to departments. These guys dont even know what they have to do, they are like sweet, cute little morons sitting in front of desktop doing nothing except enjoying beer, coffee etc. They cant even do their duties properly and its pathetic that a summer intern student running all day just for the sake of stipend and these guys can misplace forms soo easily. One of the employee told me that they are the biggest university in UK, i guess this is the biggest jooke i have heared in last 2 months. Even universities in India are far better, well equipped, well organised than UOM. It cant even stand in front of Indian Universities. Here HR services sucksss and they dont even know the present rules from HMRC (taxation). Firstly they put me on wrong payroll because of which i have to pay 30% of my stipend as tax and later HMRC department told me that i should be charged with tax but University of charging me with tax that too 30% HOLY ****. I solved tht matter and claimed back 30% of the deducted amount but after that no payment till now. I guesss this was my biggest mistake to opt for UOM despite of having an offer from Maryland. Anyways this post is just for students who are applying for internships in UOM. Please never apply ad even if u did secure your own funding cz university will make you sick.

U wot m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
This is hardly a review of the University of Manchester as a whole, it's more of a complaint and rant against an admin job and HR. Really, you should review all of your information and confirm it before and just at the beginning of your internship to nip these mix-ups in the bud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending