The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mtbab
yeh i always get a headache the first day back after a holiday if i've done absoltely jack all work, it affected me more lower down the shcool, but i think coz we actually get set real holday homwork these days (in cluding over the summer this summer which i was not impressed about) i dont get them quite as bad.

yeh, the problem occurs when you are set holiday h/w but you don't really do any of it. Oooops. :redface:
Reply 41
i dont think that it really matters if people have started revisin. If people feel that the revision is going to help them get a good start for the new year then i think that they should go ahead with it.
Reply 42
Revising? No!

By definition to revise is to look over stuff you've already done, and since you've not been taught anything yet you can't revise.

To be fair to the OP though I think it was just a badly named title? I'm sure a lot of people on ere do preliminary reading for their courses but personally it's not my thing!

I've printed my past papers for next year though, and started thinking about what I want to do for my psychology coursework, as well as buying a psychology book and drawing a pretty time table to stick on my cupboards for next year lol.

Still need to print all the specifications and buy more books, before we start A2 teaching on 11th Septemember.

My exams finished in May so I'm very out of practice! Will take me a couple of weeks to adjust/settle in I think.

ETA: I think it's different for those just left AS though, because the summer hols are spent mainly looking at uni prospectuses and starting to write your personal statement. I also had another academic assignment to complete for a uni course I'm doing so I've been pretty busy!
Reply 43
I think most of you are over-reacting. Just because he "hasn't been taught the syllabus yet so he should have no idea on what he is studying/revising for" isn't necessarily true.

He can go online or look up the syllabus. Hell, if the OP was real serious about it he probably even asked his teachers at enrollment and wrote down the syllabus, then bought the related AS/A2 revision books and studied/revised that way, lol. Seems very possible to me.

of course me personally, I don't like to revise untill atleast 1 month before exams, then I probably hold off revising untill the last 2 days :P (imma change that for A levels though)

Latest