The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

What are the race/nationalities majority and minority at city?

What are the race/nationalities majority and minority

are there alot of blacks
Are there alot of asians
or whites
whit european whites
are there loads of foreigners with little English?

do you find the asians very competitive?
I would like to know please
Original post by Xenax123

are there alot of blacks
Are there alot of asians
or whites
whit european whites

There is a visually large presence of east asians in the centre of Leeds, but there's no issue with that.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Xenax123

are there alot of blacks
Are there alot of asians
or whites
whit european whites

Depends on the school. I can speak for Cass Business School; I'm pretty sure one of the presentation I've had while at uni. said 50%+ are from EU and a significant number from Asia as well.

I'm sorry I can't quantify precisely but at Cass you will see more people from outside of the UK. There will be British people but of European or Asian origin as well. For some reason we only had 1-3 black people in my class.

Asians are competitive so are local British students as well. It really depends what you want to do - scoring 90%+ in all subjects is not enough unless that's all you care about. Lot's of people from the UK I knew were cool party people but when it came to exams they were serious and managed to score well as well.

At schools other than Cass I have noticed a wider mix.
Original post by Ialpha
Depends on the school. I can speak for Cass Business School; I'm pretty sure one of the presentation I've had while at uni. said 50%+ are from EU and a significant number from Asia as well.

I'm sorry I can't quantify precisely but at Cass you will see more people from outside of the UK. There will be British people but of European or Asian origin as well. For some reason we only had 1-3 black people in my class.

Asians are competitive so are local British students as well. It really depends what you want to do - scoring 90%+ in all subjects is not enough unless that's all you care about. Lot's of people from the UK I knew were cool party people but when it came to exams they were serious and managed to score well as well.

At schools other than Cass I have noticed a wider mix.

What were you studying at Cass?
Reply 4
Original post by Abdul-Karim
What were you studying at Cass?

IFRM
Original post by Ialpha
IFRM

I've got an offer for that this sept.

What's your current year of study?

Do you believe it's worth the investment?

What ECs are there?
Reply 6
Graduated.

Yes, provided you make the best out of it, i.e. score well, network, and have a life overall. Cass has a good mix of students and modules are relevant. They have also changed the course structure recently so it's a bit more interesting as well. Rep. for Cass is only going up.

EC's, I'm not sure about this year but during my time they had fencing, rugby, and a few other societies including trading, investment, PE and IB. There are a few non-finance ones as well.
I also studied IFRM at Cass.

There is a significant amount of Asians at City, and Europeans at Cass along with Asians. If you are white and British you will be in the significant minority. It means that much of the "social life" if you can even describe it as such is coffee based or *shudders* shisha based.

Bascially, Cass/City is **** for social life.
Original post by Huskaris
I also studied IFRM at Cass.

There is a significant amount of Asians at City, and Europeans at Cass along with Asians. If you are white and British you will be in the significant minority. It means that much of the "social life" if you can even describe it as such is coffee based or *shudders* shisha based.

Bascially, Cass/City is **** for social life.

wonderful :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest