The Student Room Group

Dropping out of my current major and doing another major at a different university

Hi Everyone!
Ok, So I am about to go to my second year of university. I love the university but I came to this university to do a major that I thought would be a good starting point for my future career goals. After experiencing university, I no longer want to do what I initially thought I could do as a career. But now i am thinking of doing a bachelors degree in nursing.
The reason I am thinking of dropping out of my current university is mainly time and money. If I continue with this major and finish it, it will be a total of 4 years and then I would have to do my nursing major too afterwards which is another 4 years, so a total of 8 years to finish my education!!! That is such a long time! :frown:
The reason I want to continue with my current major is to be really sure if I still want to pursue my initial plan but I am taking out loans to pay for this major. If I finish this major, I will have a lot of debt which not to mention, I have to eventually pay back alone! I also don't want to regret dropping out of university in the instance that I hate my nursing degree.
So what advice can you give me? Please chime in with your responses because I am really confused and torn at what to do.:confused::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest