The Student Room Group

LAMDA Stage Management and Technical Theatre

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SisJose
Well there is only one school where i'm from and they only except 2 students a year so that's one reason, and the schools in the uk are just better:smile:
how did guildhall go?

It went well I think, I really enjoyed the day too. We chatted to some first years, then did some practical workshops which were just a taster of the course, we had a tour and watched a dress rehearsal of one of the operas. The interview was quite informal, it was with three of the tutors. I talked about my experience and went through my portfolio. They asked about what I liked about the course, what I wanted to do in the future, what qualities were needed in the job. The facilities really are amazing and everyone was really nice 😊 good luck with your interview!
Reply 21
Did you hear anything yet?
It's nerve wracking isn't it?
Original post by katmits
Did you hear anything yet?
It's nerve wracking isn't it?

Not yet :frown: it really is! And today is 3 weeks since my interview and they said it would take around three weeks which makes it even worse! Have you applied to Guildhall? 😊
Reply 23
Yes, along with LIPA, Bath Spa, RB and Derby. I have offers from all of them except LIPA and Guildhall. It seems to be taking ages, but that's only because I am anxious.
I guess they must be really busy!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katmits
Yes, along with LIPA, Bath Spa, RB and Derby. I have offers from all of them except LIPA and Guildhall. It seems to be taking ages, but that's only because I am anxious.
I guess they must be really busy!

Just got a call from an unknown number and thought it was Guildhall, but it was sales call, so that just got me even more anxious :/ what pathway did you apply for at Guildhall? :smile:
Original post by SisJose
Well there is only one school where i'm from and they only except 2 students a year so that's one reason, and the schools in the uk are just better:smile:
how did guildhall go?

How did your Guildhall interview go? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
I want to do the theatre technology pathway. I thought that they send you a letter with your offer/rejection?
Original post by katmits
I want to do the theatre technology pathway. I thought that they send you a letter with your offer/rejection?

Yea I think so, its just RADA rang as well as sent a letter so I was hopeful :smile: I'm applying for that pathway too, how did you find the interview? 😊
Reply 28
Original post by Sierra-McC
Yea I think so, its just RADA rang as well as sent a letter so I was hopeful :smile: I'm applying for that pathway too, how did you find the interview? ������

Oh, interesting. Did you get an offer from RADA?
It was actually a lot more fun than I thought is was going to be and the interview was not really stressful at all - just talking bout my portfolio and what I wanted to do, a bit about my other activities as well. I liked having the practical tasks to do, made it all more interesting. No idea whether I will be successful but I felt quite happy with myself at the end of the day.
I had skype interviews for my other applications and once didn't even need an interview. LIPA was a really short interview, no where near as intense.
Original post by katmits
Oh, interesting. Did you get an offer from RADA?
It was actually a lot more fun than I thought is was going to be and the interview was not really stressful at all - just talking bout my portfolio and what I wanted to do, a bit about my other activities as well. I liked having the practical tasks to do, made it all more interesting. No idea whether I will be successful but I felt quite happy with myself at the end of the day.
I had skype interviews for my other applications and once didn't even need an interview. LIPA was a really short interview, no where near as intense.

Yea, I got an offer from RADA by phone last week, still waiting to get it in writing though. I really enjoyed the practical exercises too, it was a good chance to get to know the other people applying and the tutors. I thought it was good that the current students were running it as they are more likely to give an honest opinion. The interview panel were really nice too 😊 where do you think your favourite is at the moment if you got offers from LIPA and Guildhall too? 😊
Reply 30
Yea, I got an offer from RADA by phone last week, still waiting to get it in writing though. I really enjoyed the practical exercises too, it was a good chance to get to know the other people applying and the tutors. I thought it was good that the current students were running it as they are more likely to give an honest opinion. The interview panel were really nice too ������ where do you think your favourite is at the moment if you got offers from LIPA and Guildhall too? ������

definitely Guildhall, although the cost and complication of living in London is frightening!!
Do you think that the practical exercises will be used as an assessment or was it just for fun? I'm a bit clueless!!
How did you like RADA, very famous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katmits
definitely Guildhall, although the cost and complication of living in London is frightening!!

I'm thinking Guildhall too 😊 it is really expensive, although it is the only one out of Mountview and RADA that has accommodation for first year, although Mountview is in a less expensive area. I think with the theatres and opportunities in London it is worth the extra cost because you may be more likely to earn more later on, with contacts in the area. Would you be able to consider living at home while studying or are you too far away? 😊
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
I'm thinking Guildhall too ������ it is really expensive, although it is the only one out of Mountview and RADA that has accommodation for first year, although Mountview is in a less expensive area. I think with the theatres and opportunities in London it is worth the extra cost because you may be more likely to earn more later on, with contacts in the area. Would you be able to consider living at home while studying or are you too far away? ������

No, I live overseas, although I am British, in France. I only applied to Guildhall among the 'drama schools' the other courses didn't appeal so much to me.
I think Guildhall and RB are good if you definitely know what you want to do, a lot of the other courses are quite general, that's a big part of Guildhall being my favourite, just hope I get an offer now, so I can make a final choice what are you studying at the moment?
I think Guildhall and RB are good if you definitely know what you want to do, a lot of the other courses are quite general, that's a big part of Guildhall being my favourite, just hope I get an offer now, so I can make a final choice 😊 what are you studying at the moment?
Reply 35
I think Guildhall and RB are good if you definitely know what you want to do, a lot of the other courses are quite general, that's a big part of Guildhall being my favourite, just hope I get an offer now, so I can make a final choice ������ what are you studying at the moment?

I'm doing the International Baccalaureate, so 6 subjects - maths, Eng Lit, French, Geo, Chem, economics. It's a really really tough course, there's also community service, and extended essay and theory of Knowledge. Luckily, So far the offers I have got only want me to basically pass!
What are you studying - A levels??
Original post by katmits
I'm doing the International Baccalaureate, so 6 subjects - maths, Eng Lit, French, Geo, Chem, economics. It's a really really tough course, there's also community service, and extended essay and theory of Knowledge. Luckily, So far the offers I have got only want me to basically pass!
What are you studying - A levels??

That does sound tough, but that is good you don't need to stress about getting a high grade 😊 I'm doing sociology, psychology and geography, they are pretty unrelated to technical theatre so it is good that they don't mind about that either. Its the experience and passion you have which seems to be the most important 😊
If you don't get an offer from guildhall then will you choose Rada ? :smile: Im thinking of accepting Rada

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
How did your Guildhall interview go? :smile:

Its hard to say! I hope it went well, it was a very relaxed atmosphere and a nice day. I'm waiting anxiously for their reply!! The school and course just feels so right for me !
Original post by helenm151
If you don't get an offer from guildhall then will you choose Rada ? :smile: Im thinking of accepting Rada

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, yea I think so, Guildhall seems to be the place to be for me but RADA is not far behind, neither is Mountview 😊 have you received confirmation in post from RADA yet? when they called they said I would be but it has been a while now :\ really just want to hear from them both so I can make a final decision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending