The Student Room Group

Can you use the same powder to set your foundation AND concealer? Help!

Everytime, I watch makeup videos on yt, most of the girls use a seperate powder to set their foundation and concealer. Is this necessary?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Everytime, I watch makeup videos on yt, most of the girls use a seperate powder to set their foundation and concealer. Is this necessary?

It's not necessary but it's personal preference really :smile:
Original post by simplylldxo
It's not necessary but it's personal preference really :smile:

If I use a face powder for my entire face, will it ruin the concealer?
Reply 3
It depends if you use the concealer to camouflage dark spots or whatever then use the same powder u used for the foundation and when u use it to highlight for example your t -zone (chin/nose bridge / forehead) you use a concealer that is lighter or brighter than your skin tone (depends for which area you use it for) u should use for those areas a different powder for example u can use white powder

But it's optional u don't hav to do that
hope this was helpful :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mimi007
It depends if you use the concealer to camouflage dark spots or whatever then use the same powder u used for the foundation and when u use it to highlight for example your t -zone (chin/nose bridge / forehead) you use a concealer that is lighter or brighter than your skin tone (depends for which area you use it for) u should use for those areas a different powder for example u can use white powder

But it's optional u don't hav to do that
hope this was helpful :biggrin:

Will it look really weird if you apply one powder to your entire face?
If I use a face powder for my entire face, will it ruin the concealer?

If you just brush the face powder on then yea it will but if you dab the face powder on the parts with concealer on it; then it won't crease :smile:

Also use a translucent powder :smile: the coloured powders add extra coverage to your face make-up especially if you have a full coverage foundation so it will make you look cakey! But blend the powder in as if you don't, you're left with a white face!

No it doesn't... I don't know who you've been watching on YouTube but the likes of Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter etc only use one. Face powder is for setting your makeup and taking away shine that's all.

I also just use the one powder on my face, never had any problems with it.
I just use one powder, a translucent one, all over my face and dab it on concealed areas like my undereyes.
Reply 9
I use one powder on my whole face to set the foundation and concealer, i don't think it looks weird at all, i don't think i know anyone that does it differently but it's whatever works better for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serena20
I use one powder on my whole face to set the foundation and concealer, i don't think it looks weird at all, i don't think i know anyone that does it differently but it's whatever works better for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by brownsugar-xx
I just use one powder, a translucent one, all over my face and dab it on concealed areas like my undereyes.

Original post by SophieSmall
I also just use the one powder on my face, never had any problems with it.

No it doesn't... I don't know who you've been watching on YouTube but the likes of Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter etc only use one. Face powder is for setting your makeup and taking away shine that's all.

Do you girls know whether or not you can still contour without using a highlighter as well?

I'm new to this stuff :tongue:
Do you girls know whether or not you can still contour without using a highlighter as well?

I'm also pretty new to contouring :P I personally use eye shadows for contouring, I use a non shimmering light-medium brown eye shadow for the shadow contouring and a very pale pink and a small amount of white non shimmering eye shadow to highlight.

If you use glittery ones it can look a bit weird or obviously done.
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm also pretty new to contouring :P I personally use eye shadows for contouring, I use a non shimmering light-medium brown eye shadow for the shadow contouring and a very pale pink and a small amount of white non shimmering eye shadow to highlight.

If you use glittery ones it can look a bit weird or obviously done.

Do you have to contour AND highlight? Or can you just contour without highlighting
Do you have to contour AND highlight? Or can you just contour without highlighting

You can do either/ or in my opinion. Sometimes I just contour but i do very little highlighting anyway so it doesn't make much difference for me.

I've contoured without highlighting a few times but if i do this i normally make sure my foundation has a "dewy" finish because i don't like my whole face looking matte. Sleek do a good highlighting and contouring kit if you're looking for a good affordable one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah totally! If i feel like contouring i'll just use bronzer (not that crap orange kind though), but you can get really cheap highlighters. I have the one from Bodycare that's a benefit high beam dupe and it was only £2 i think.

Yeah you can :smile: I use Honey Bronzer by Body Shop!
Yeah you can :smile: I use Honey Bronzer by Body Shop!

Do you use highlighter? :smile:
Do you use highlighter? :smile:

Nope :smile: I only contour and use blusher!

No it wouldn't look weird

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending