The Student Room Group

Guys: Do You Like "Feminine" Girls?

Not naive/overly innocent/killjoy "holier than thou" girls, but girls who are very kind and caring etc. (old-fashioned in some ways, I guess you could say). Girls who think long-term and are kind of "stable". Or do you prefer girls with more "edge"?

Also, are "cute/pretty" faces a turn-off (as in, can a girl look too "cute"?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like feminine appearance. Cute is fine.

I don't like most stereotypically feminine character traits like submisiveness, indecisiveness, passivity, being overly emotional, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by ilem
I like feminine appearance. Cute is fine.

I don't like most stereotypically feminine character traits like submisiveness, indecisiveness, passivity, being overly emotional, etc.

Oh, so there's no such thing as "too cute"? Like Millie Mackintosh (from Made in Chelsea) or Karen Gillan kind of cute? :smile:

I don't actually have any of those traits (I did the personality test on the other thread and I'm an ENTJ) but I'm just very kind/caring to people and moral. But some people might find that a turn off, I guess, b/c they want someone who's "loosened up"? I'm very disciplined and hard-working too.
Reply 3
Original post by SallyTheKid
Oh, so there's no such thing as "too cute"? Like Millie Mackintosh (from Made in Chelsea) or Karen Gillan kind of cute? :smile:

I don't actually have any of those traits (I did the personality test on the other thread and I'm an ENTJ) but I'm just very kind/caring to people and moral. But some people might find that a turn off, I guess, b/c they want someone who's "loosened up"? I'm very disciplined and hard-working too.

Can't say I've ever looked at a girl and concluded she's too cute :smile: Nothing wrong with the character traits you've mentioned, if anything more people should have them.
Reply 4
Original post by ilem
Can't say I've ever looked at a girl and concluded she's too cute :smile: Nothing wrong with the character traits you've mentioned, if anything more people should have them.

Well, "cute" is always seen as a kid kind of thing, isn't it? :tongue:

I know, but sometimes guys seem to see "niceness/stability" as a bad thing as they want more drama. Or maybe that's just the guys who aren't looking for commitment :lol:
Not naive/overly innocent/killjoy "holier than thou" girls, but girls who are very kind and caring etc. (old-fashioned in some ways, I guess you could say). Girls who think long-term and are kind of "stable". Or do you prefer girls with more "edge"?

I don't like girls, unless they have John Cenas physique.
This hasn't been done for a while. I wonder if the answers will have changed :indiff:

In on groundbreaking thread.
Reply 7
Original post by TheFOMaster
I don't like girls, unless they have John Cenas physique.

I'm working on it :rofl:

Viva Emptiness
x

This isn't an attack on non-feminine women. No need to get so upset. :tongue:

I doubt Karen Gillan is too cute for anyone. :smile:

This isn't an attack on non-feminine women. No need to get so upset. :tongue:

I'm not upset, just excited to see the results.
I don't even know what that means.

I have few constants when it comes to my taste in women tbh. Above 6/10 and INTERESTING AND NOT BORING (where most girls my age will slip) and your good.
Depends on the girl - I've been attracted to girls from both ends of the spectrum. That said, I find the stereotypically feminine traits of being submissive and indecisive to be a massive turn off. I hate it when girls think I'll like them more if they just stroke my ego and let me choose everything.
Reply 12
Original post by Autistic Merit
I doubt Karen Gillan is too cute for anyone. :smile:

Heh :tongue: I love her, and I'm straight!

I have the same kind of face as them - big round eyes and hair, small nose and heart shaped delicate features, and am always getting called "cute". But it's more of a "baby faced" than "hot" look (like Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson, say.) And I have a Zooey Deschanel-style cut right now too (with bangs and all). I just wondered if appearing innocent was a turn off :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by Gibber96
Depends on the girl - I've been attracted to girls from both ends of the spectrum. That said, I find the stereotypically feminine traits of being submissive and indecisive to be a massive turn off. I hate it when girls think I'll like them more if they just stroke my ego and let me choose everything.

I think maybe we're defining femininity a different way? :dontknow:

I mean that I'm extremely kind and caring (but not a people-pleaser, I'm actually the one who sticks up for my friends or has a word when a word needs to be had) to people who deserve it. And I'm quite "old-fashioned" in a feminine way (e.g. I don't sleep around and am a one-guy kind of girl etc.)
Reply 14
I guess I do.

I'm not that keen on the loud mouth hot type of female.
Reply 15
Original post by 8472
I guess I do.

I'm not that keen on the loud mouth hot type of female.

Interesting :smile: I'm not the "shy retiring" type (AKA every female protagonist in a romance novel, ever), but I don't try and make foul/offensive statements all the time or do stuff like kiss other girls to get attention lol.
Feminine Girls :biggrin: , not too feminine though.
Reply 17
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Feminine Girls :biggrin: , not too feminine though.

What would you say "too" feminine is? :tongue:
Reply 18
Interesting :smile: I'm not the "shy retiring" type (AKA every female protagonist in a romance novel, ever), but I don't try and make foul/offensive statements all the time or do stuff like kiss other girls to get attention lol.

But are you the party hard double shots type? :laugh:
Reply 19

Of course we do.

Quick Reply