The Student Room Group

Guys - how much younger than you would you date?

I'm turning 19 this weekend and will be into my second year of university in September. However, I'd say (and have been told by people, even guys) that I act and seem older than I am.

I'm mainly attracted to guys who are older (like 20-24) for some reason, but I'm worried me 'only' being 19, with the teen bit still attached to me would put some guys off.

Guys, how much younger would you date, even if she acted older? Or is age not an issue?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Turning 21 in September, and going into second year of university. I wouldn't go lower than first year of university at this point, so 18/19.

At the age of 24, I don't think I'd go lower than maybe 20/21.
Original post by Cutmeloose
Turning 21 in September, and going into second year of university. I wouldn't go lower than first year of university at this point, so 18/19.

At the age of 24, I don't think I'd go lower than maybe 20/21.

That's totally understandable! Thanks for your opinion :smile:
I'm 18 so I don't think I'd want to date anyone younger than 17 for obvious reasons.
Original post by lauramercier
I'm turning 19 this weekend and will be into my second year of university in September. However, I'd say (and have been told by people, even guys) that I act and seem older than I am.

I'm mainly attracted to guys who are 20-24 with the exception of a couple who are my age but act older (wow, don't I sound boring!). But I'm worried me 'only' being 19, with the teen bit still attached to me would put some guys off.

Guys, how much younger would you date, even if she acted older? Or is age not an issue?

I'm almost 20, and i wouldn't date anyone under 18, simply becuase I wouldn't be able to go to drink with them, and I guess I'd prefer to date someone who's officially adult.
Age isn't really a good indicator of maturity. With this in mind, I would say any girl over 18 is fine, preferably over 21 though. I think age differences tend towards girls being with older men..
Reply 6
Can't imagine I'd go lower than 18. Would have to be a fairly unusual 18 year old too I imagine. Doubt I'd go much above 30.
Not wanting to date someone under 18 is totally understandable, it's all a bit inconvenient. Just hoping some older guys aren't so put off by potentially dating someone in their teens
Reply 8
I'm not too fussed personally, I'm 23, maybe 5 years younger but probably only 3 years older. Not strict rules though, all depends on the person.

Somebody younger would keep me feeling younger I suppose, I feel pretty damn old at 23 in all honesty!
I'm 23 in November.

Would feel awkward explaining to freinds & family my partner was 18. Less so 19, don't really know why I consider 19 ok but not 18. I remember what an immature brat I was at 18 I guess.

>19 basically
20/21, I'm 23. Younger than that I figure would be too much of a contrast in lifestyle, Freshers was amazing but I wouldn't have understood someone working 60-70 hour weeks during that. Also, me having to cancel dates, time together etc. because some bell end in New York/Dubai/wherever wants me to do something might be difficult for them to accept when they can easily structure work around such things.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
A year younger perhaps, I don't want the university conversation to become a thing, so I prefer 18+. I'm 18.
Going completely on the principle and disregarding everything else, I'd be willing to date a 16 year old, and I'm 18.
Probably 19 would be that absolute minimum but even then it would be pushing it. I'm 23.
Anything 1 day over the legal age of consent.

If this isn't your answer, you're lying.
well obviously i'm 20 and the age of consent is 16 soooooo 16.

person above nailed it haha.
Reply 16
I'm 17, would only go for girls a year younger or year above so youngest would be 16.
Academic year below me!
Reply 18
Original post by lauramercier

I'm mainly attracted to guys who are 20-24 with the exception of a couple who are my age but act older (wow, don't I sound boring!). But I'm worried me 'only' being 19, with the teen bit still attached to me would put some guys off.

The bare minimum age for me is 18, i'm 21, anything younger than 18 and i think you're in risk of doing a "Scott Pilgrim" also i've never been able to have a deep meaningful conversation with many people below 18
Reply 19
I'm 20 and I wouldn't date below 18.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending