The Student Room Group

Why do teenagers send nude pictures?

Citing recent cases why do teens send nude pictures? Clearly there's some kind of pressure there but why does the pressure get to them and what causes it?

edit - they're not all teenagers but there's a big difference between a teen sending a nude and an adult.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

There isn't an all-prevailing pressure, kids are horny and want to see each other naked so it's usually an exchange

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Attention. Appearances are everything, apparently.
I imagine that for some it is peer pressure/bullying.

For others I think they genuinely just want to do it because they are just getting to an age where they become properly aware of sexual activity and become most fascinated by it. Probably makes them feel rebellious as it's something they know their parents/adultsin general would disaproove of.

I spent all my teenage years throwing tantrums and having arguments about how I wasnt a stroppy teenager...
Peer pressure.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Peer pressure.

Partial reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
thats what bfs and gfs do with each other usually lol.

**** material
As much as we hate to admit it, they are sexual beings and enjoy getting sexually aroused.
Insecurity which means some teenagers need someone else to validate themselves... :/
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Madeline_H95
Citing recent cases why do teens send nude pictures? Clearly there's some kind of pressure there but why does the pressure get to them and what causes it?

This isn't a recent thing. Before snapchat was Facebook, MySpace and MSN. The media have just jumped on it all of a sudden.
Original post by karmacrunch
Insecurity which means some teenagers need someone else to validate themselves... :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

Insecure people don't usually expose themselves in all their glory, actually it's quite the opposite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because they're whores.
But it's not just teenagers?
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Insecure people don't usually expose themselves in all their glory, actually it's quite the opposite

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know but that's what I think. Obviously not all insecure people will send nudes to people but I'm guessing some will because they might feel pressured as they feel they need to be validated... by someone other than themselves.

How would you know? You say it as though you've done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
nothing wrong in exchanging nude pics.
Reply 15
Original post by brownsugar-xx
But it's not just teenagers?

certainly not, i'm in my 20's and i like sending and receiving nude pics.
Original post by slade p
certainly not, i'm in my 20's and i like sending and receiving nude pics.

Yeah, that's what i thought :laugh: It's not some big phenomenon either, nudes have been around for a while.
The same reason adults do it. People like seeing other people naked.
Original post by Reue
This isn't a recent thing. Before snapchat was Facebook, MySpace and MSN. The media have just jumped on it all of a sudden.

I'll give you that but why has the media suddenly jumped on it?

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Peer pressure.

Original post by karmacrunch

Original post by Autistic Merit
As much as we hate to admit it, they are sexual beings and enjoy getting sexually aroused.

Original post by SerLorasTyrell
There isn't an all-prevailing pressure, kids are horny and want to see each other naked so it's usually an exchange
Original post by Fanticipation
Attention. Appearances are everything, apparently.

For teenagers to feel the need to post pictures to validate themselves society as a whole must be centering around physical traits and not talent. Schooling and parenting needs to counter this unhealthy obsession.

We've all felt sexually aroused at some point in their lives but I didn't go sending pictures around.
Original post by Madeline_H95

Schooling and parenting needs to counter this unhealthy obsession.

THANK YOU!! I agree but it should definitely be more parenting as they are the ones who are with you as you go through life! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply