The Student Room Group

Is it okay to drug deal to fully competent adults from a moral point of view

Say I was a little tight on cash, I knew a guy who could supply me with wholesale quantities of a weed, and bit of coke, is it okay if I sold it to fully competent adults who know the consequences of the drugs? I know from a law point of view it's wrong but morally is it?

After all I'll just be supplying a demand, just like any other business.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TSA
Say I was a little tight on cash, I knew a guy who could supply me with wholesale quantities of a weed, and bit of coke, is it okay if I sold it to fully competent adults who know the consequences of the drugs? I know from a law point of view it's wrong but morally is it?

It's morally wrong IMO.

Making money from destroying lives (even if the adult doesn't care for themselves, they'll have family that will) is disgusting.
Original post by Reform
It's morally wrong IMO.

Making money from destroying lives (even if the adult doesn't care for themselves, they'll have family that will) is disgusting.

The same could be said about selling fast food to an obese individual. Or selling cigarettes or alcohol in large quantities to people who have obvious intentions of binging on it.
Reply 3
Original post by TSA
The same could be said about selling fast food to an obese individual. Or selling cigarettes or alcohol in large quantities to people who have obvious intentions of binging on it.

Pretty much.
Original post by Reform
Pretty much.

But if I extrapolate that, you can say that about pretty much anything. Too much of one thing is bad for you so should we or more the government control exactly how we live our lives, regulating our freedom?
It is a moral grey area for most people. But I say go for it. These people know the effects and the dangers. They are knowingly damaging their bodies. If they don't buy it from "you" they will just go elsewhere.
Reply 6
Do it but I will literally bet my precious boobs that you'll get arrested.
Yeah, but the likelihood of being caught is too high. Not worth it.
I'm no drug dealer, but surely lesson one at drug dealer school would be "Don't post online that you're going to start dealing"
Original post by Reform
It's morally wrong IMO.

You may be surprised to know that most drug users are actually fully functional human beings, holding down jobs and looking after their families just like anyone else.

To OP: For me there is nothing wrong with it. If someone wants to use drugs then that is their choice. It's obviously your choice whether to sell to them of course.
That you are "just supplying a demand" does not make it acceptable. Slave traders just supply a demand; professional killers just supply a demand.

And to be honest, the idea of selling only to "fully competent adults who know the consequences of the drugs" is garbage. How can you separate out the competent ones from the incompetent ones? When the competent adults' incompetent buddies hear about it and come to try and buy some themselves, are you really prepared to say no and refuse service to them? How do you know that the competent adults you're selling to won't resell it to other people? It could even be argued that no fully competent adult who knew the consequences of the drugs would use the drugs in the first place!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
Yeah, but the likelihood of being caught is too high. Not worth it.

I'm sorry but you have to be pretty sheltered to believe that... I saw a drug deal go down only a few weeks ago at a heavily used bus station, there were security people at this station too and yet nothing happened. You literally have to be a complete moron to get caught if you're just a "low level" dealer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Morally wrong no. But very risky.

If you're going to do it. Don't sell coke - the risks are much higher and the people you'll attract will be after it all times of the night, making your life hell. Weed you can be a bit more inconspicuous (apart from the smell).

Also more likely to get into trouble outside the law with coke (i.e. getting robbed/beaten up)
Original post by TheGuyReturns

I'm sorry but you have to be pretty sheltered to believe that... I saw a drug deal go down only a few weeks ago at a heavily used bus station, there were security at this station too and yet nothing happened. You literally have to be a complete moron to get caught.

I apologise that my knowledge of drug dealing is inferior to yours. If you're selling a little bit of weed and it's not often, alright. A legit drug dealer, though, how do you know you're not going to sell to an undercover cop? I have never dealt or bought any drugs, so I don't know how it works. I assume that you get plenty of random people wanting to buy and you have no idea who they are.
Original post by TSA

PM me if you want some "advice" brother, you wont get any by making a thread
Original post by NathanW18
I apologise that my knowledge of drug dealing is inferior to yours. If you're selling a little bit of weed and it's not often, alright. A legit drug dealer, though, how do you know you're not going to sell to an undercover cop? I have never dealt or bought any drugs, so I don't know how it works. I assume that you get plenty of random people wanting to buy and you have no idea who they are.

:lol: I live in a really ****ty town where if you walk around in certain areas in the evening, you WILL be offered drugs without question, the police do nothing, no one gives a ****, this place is just left to rot. Obviously if OP headed down to the town centre of some well off area people might report him and he would get caught. But honestly, in places like where I am... chances of being caught are next to zero. Probably a reasonable risk of getting mugged though...
Original post by TheGuyReturns
:lol: I live in a really ****ty town where if you walk around in certain areas in the evening, you WILL be offered drugs without question, the police do nothing, no one gives a ****, this place is just left to rot. Obviously if OP headed down to the town centre of some well off area people might report him and he would get caught. But honestly, in places like where I am... chances of being caught are next to zero. Probably a reasonable risk of getting mugged though...

Fair enough. Even though I don't have a problem with people taking drugs, I wouldn't want to sell any. I'd be far too afraid of being caught. Even if the chances are low.
Well not worth a drug conviction.

As my daddy always told me "There's 2 things you don't want in life, a drug conviction and a baby - they never go away"
If your doing drugs , then your not "fully competent". Regardless of age.
Its only illegal coz theres no tax on it. Just like red petrol and diesel. If someone wants to get wasted then let them.

Quick Reply

Latest