The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hahaha dont get too drunk though :wink:

Can you tell us the exact site please?
Even my friend who's gonna go to 2nd year at kings said that we can get tickets fromt he student union and we'll know about it during induction.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 61
dazmanultra
Get your tickets for the badge party, school disco and phase EARLY!

Wot the hell is a badge party, and for the "school disco" i hope it doesnt mean school uniform, coz mine got incinerated when i left
Reply 62
Plus the whole school kid thing is a bit kinky.. I just wouldn't dress that way... it's weird...
Reply 63
yep, the whole thing about goin to a party dressed as a kid seems almost...peadophilic
Reply 64
Bissman
yep, the whole thing about goin to a party dressed as a kid seems almost...peadophilic

It really is! Hmm.. you have to wonder....
_zor
To whoever asked about a Freshers Ball, yes there is on and its about a week or two into the actual term so you would've met a ton of people by then..

what i remember from last year interms of freshers events is that there was a badge party on the first day of fresher's week and a couple of boat parties, a beach party, school party during the 2 weeks but i do remember there was events pretty much everyday for 2 straight weeks at both guys and strand and u guys should be getting some kinda letter with a leaflet from the SU mentioning those events

What's a boat party? People dress up as sailors?:confused: Badge party? We all wear badges? These names are so misleading and could totally cause people to turn up in completely wrong costumes! :p:
Reply 66
Sarah im sure we'll get a bit more information about the events hehe
Reply 67
badboy_sdx
Sarah im sure we'll get a bit more information about the events hehe

Are you going to King's or UCL?? :confused:
Reply 68
:ditto:
dazmanultra
Get your tickets for the badge party, school disco and phase EARLY!

They go on sale at KCLSU centres before they're placed online, to prevent touts buying them up then touting to the newbies at silly prices. One of the quickest ways to get them is to beat the queues the way I did last year, working in rotating teams with all my new GDSA flatmates and friends, spending only a fraction of the time in a queue. :biggrin:
Reply 70
Bissman

yeah i agree. that's why i was freaked out when i got with my boyfriend and he said he liked that sort of thing :eek:
And also my uniform got destroyed 5 years ago when i left school, and nooo way i'm going to pay for another!
Reply 71
I hope i wont have to buy a new scool uniform, mine is gone...
Reply 72
I never had one. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Jammertal
I never had one. :biggrin:

lucky you. i had about 4 all at once, but when i was 14 i got rid og the lot. i remember having great pleasure in cutting off all the little logo's that they made you stick on "exactly 1.5 inches lower than the blazer collar"
I hated school they don't half **** with your head.
Reply 74
at my retarded school you could get a detention for not having your shirt tucked in
Reply 75
Bissman
at my retarded school you could get a detention for not having your shirt tucked in

haha. i managed never to get detention....or well, never going along too it. I went to some stupid schools. in the summer we had to wear long socks, and had to have our shirt tucked out. In the winter we HAD to wear tights and have our shirt tucked in.
how petty is that!
Reply 76
I am so glad I am out of school
Reply 77
:hahaha: Even though we got in the end a kind of school uniform: During the last weeks at school we were all wearing the same shirts (it's a tradition at our school that every year group designs a shirt when they leave)...
Reply 78
I'm glad too Bissman, and we have 3+ years at uni, yay, hopefully it's going to be much better!

And Jammertal I think that is an excellent tradition, what was your shirt like? I would've done mine black, just because no-one EVER has black school shirts.
Reply 79
Marine blue with orange script. Quite cool, but I ordered the wrong size.

EDIT: And I'd have done them all orange with bue script, but the guys voted against it.

Latest