The Student Room Group

Embarrassing moments in GCSE years

What was the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during your years doing GCSE?

Mine was to split my trousers while stretching for a save during a vital game of lunchtime football.

I had to go to my last afternoon lesson with a jumper tied around my waist which made it look like I was wearing a skirt. I looked ridiculous.

But I'm sure there are worse out there, right...

Scroll to see replies

Mine was when i was not lloking presentable.
I was working on a class presentation with a classmate and he decided it was a good idea to prank me with a Rickroll video. Only thing, it took a few minutes for us to close it and the music was heard throughout the classroom. "Is that Rick Astley?" my English teacher asked.

In the end of the lesson, she told me "Don't worry about him, he can be a prankster sometimes...Never Gonna Give You Up!"
Being right at the front of the hall during mock exams, and every time a teacher walked by, they would knock my table and very nearly knock it over. It was more irritating than embarrassing, but it meant that everyone would stare every time a teacher did it.
Reply 4
Probably wearing my green glasses and green headband combo in year 7. The year 11s used to call me 'the frog' :cry2:

Edit: Just realised the title says GCSE years. I am an idiot, ignore me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Year 7 and 8 when I had size 1 hair cuts :l
Fast forward to now, I no longer have to worry about that :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Numberwang
What was the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during your years doing GCSE?

Mine was to split my trousers while stretching for a save during a vital game of lunchtime football.

I had to go to my last afternoon lesson with a jumper tied around my waist which made it look like I was wearing a skirt. I looked ridiculous.

The exact same thing happened to me
Had fun doing your GCSEs in Year 7?
Original post by TheVth
Year 7 and 8 when I had size 1 hair cuts :l
Fast forward to now, I no longer have to worry about that :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is everyone suddenly doing their GCSEs in Year 7? Or is it just that they can't read?
Reply 9
During my Resistant Materials exam the weather was particularly scorching. The teachers were walking around with jugs of water so that we didn't pass out from dehydration. One teacher knocked his jug all over me and my paper with the diagram I had just spent 20mins drawing. They had to dry my test paper out on the window sill and give me extra time in the end to catch up.

I also fell asleep during my history exam due to the painkillers I was on after being assaulted. Both exams affected and still managed to get a B in both.
Original post by SecretDuck
I was working on a class presentation with a classmate and he decided it was a good idea to prank me with a Rickroll video. Only thing, it took a few minutes for us to close it and the music was heard throughout the classroom. "Is that Rick Astley?" my English teacher asked.

In the end of the lesson, she told me "Don't worry about him, he can be a prankster sometimes...Never Gonna Give You Up!"

That's brilliant.
Reply 11
During a mock interview, I leaned into my seat at the table, not enough space to move it. The woman has placed her coffee on the floor beside the table leg and I kicked it over.

Really awkward watching it spill everywhere and the other students and interviewers in the hall watching it.
I went to a convent school and during one school mass was in charge of some music stands, I wasn't sure where they were meant to go in the chapel so I asked one of the nuns (who was sat rather conveniently in a pew) where the stands were meant to be- "Sister, where would you like the stands to go" I asked, there was no reply, so I repeated my question thinking she had misheard me, still no reply. By this point I wasn't sure what to do - perhaps she had fallen asleep so I tapped her on the shoulder, almost shouting, "Sister, Sister" but she carried on sitting there, at that moment I realised that she was praying and the other music prefect stood beside me was wetting herself with laughter, I then ran out of the chapel with tears rolling down my face (from cry-laughing) wondering weather to go and apologise or act as if it had never happened..... At that moment she emerged from the chapel, winked at me and pointed at where she wanted the stands to go, I apologised to her to which she replied that mistakes happened, quoted some irrelevant passage from the bible and skipped on! My embarrassment didn't end there - after telling all the teachers what had happened I was asked to go and start the Hail Mary's in front of the whole school (which our chaplain though was hilarious) I got the giggles mid prayer as all my friends made silly faces at me, and even my chemistry teacher had fun overly praying.... I've never lived that down - and it was over a year ago!
(edited 9 years ago)
During our exam we all sat in our school theatre where exams take place and we all sit in rows. I had the most squeakiest chair I have sat on in my life. We were late to get to the hall and as I walked in and sat down everyone's eyes turned and stared at me like I had the skids and couldn't stop farting. I had that chair for every exam I couldn't move my leg or it would set the chair off! Everyone sniggered :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by PrimeLime
Why is everyone suddenly doing their GCSEs in Year 7? Or is it just that they can't read?

Sorry about that, I completely lost it from the question, however I did half of my ict gcse in year 8 and nine, early by request
Sneaking up on my friend in the fields then falling over whilst walking and landing in a puddle of mud :P Stayed brown for the rest of the day :smile: ( nice tan)!
In the Chemistry exam : Sneezing then headbutting the desk :P
Accidentally knocking all my equipment to the floor constantly out of nerves. Everyone kept turning around and staring at me. Pretty embarrassing haha. Another embarrassing moment I can remember is running in the playground and taking a nasty fall. This one guy in the year above thought he needed to laugh literally in my face and say mean things to me afterwards for just falling over. He works in Iceland now.
Original post by Numberwang

When I turned up to an exam after too much to smoke.
In an assembly this girl was walking up the stairs and she fell over I was the only one who found it funny and started laughing it was more a HA followed by a silence when I realised know one was laughing with me. Teacher turned around and stared straight at me and was like I'll deal with you later. I ran out if that assembly hall faster than bolt on that day

Posted from TSR Mobile
All I can remember is during an assembly to celebrate us completing our first GCSE (in our school we completed a GCSE in year 9) I had an awful cough and during the teacher's speech I was coughing really loudly all the way through it. I was at the back so naturally everyone turned around to stare and giggle at me slowly dying. The teacher ended up asking me if I wanted to leave the room for a bit. :getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest