The Student Room Group

Do men need to start showing our emotions

Scroll to see replies

What emotions should men be showing more of??

Men are already overly emotional. Strops, sulks, ego, anger, pettiness, grandiosity, moaning....

Just wondering why we need more emotions when most of the time the emotions being displayed are for the same reasons why children display their emotions.

yes, there are times for displaying emotions, but 99% of the time, please, keep your emotions, like your farts, to yourself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ldsbabe
Normal men already do.

Normal men nikka please.
what if there is no emotion to express :eek4:
Original post by zippity.doodah
if you're asking if we should weaken ourselves for the sake of it, nah
girls just need to toughen up

Showing emotion โ‰  weakness. It's a lot easier to bottle it all up.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Showing emotion โ‰  weakness. It's a lot easier to bottle it all up.

lol tell that to women everywhere when they scrape their knee
Original post by Jakeh
Its ****ing hard. We do need to but its hard. Cos people trample all over your emotions

But it's even harder when the guy doesn't show his emotions because it makes the girl feel like he doesn't care and puts strain on the relationship.
Yeah, i think guys especially need to open up to each other similar to what girls do. Maybe then male suicide might decrease.
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Yeah, i think guys especially need to open up to each other similar to what girls do. Maybe then male suicide might decrease.

Oh yes I remember! I had a conversation with you and two others about male suicide and how bottling emotions is probably the cause of it. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Oh yes I remember! I had a conversation with you and two others about male suicide and how bottling emotions is probably the cause of it. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's what i thought of when i saw this thread! I still find it really odd that guys don't talk to each other about personal problems :frown:
Reply 29
Original post by xOHarriet
But it's even harder when the guy doesn't show his emotions because it makes the girl feel like he doesn't care and puts strain on the relationship.

I agree. But it takes time and trust to work through it.

i agree with this.
when you think about it it would probably stop a lot of murders as well.
ye normal men already do lol. Never been sworn at by a man? Thats anger.
Original post by matthewduncan
i agree with this.
when you think about it it would probably stop a lot of murders as well.

That's also a very valid point, tbh i think it would apply to some other crimes as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ldsbabe
Normal men already do.

I'm out of reps for the day, but: This.
no men need to be strong and stoic not weak and beta crying all the time
Reply 35
Men don't need to do anything, we should express ourselves in which ever way they feel comfortable.
That's also a very valid point, tbh i think it would apply to some other crimes as well.

yep plenty of them.
Just out of interest you was talking about your dad and his culture what culture are you from ?
Original post by matthewduncan
yep plenty of them.
Just out of interest you was talking about your dad and his culture what culture are you from ?

South Asian
There's situations that would be a hell of a lot easier if (some) guys opened up about how they felt.

Why do people just assume that this means going around crying? :rolleyes:
South Asian

o seen.
I can see what you mean

Quick Reply

Latest