The Student Room Group

Do men need to start showing our emotions

Do we?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 2
Normal men already do.
Like above said, some men already do. It's just some of them feel they need to show even more emotion e.g. being more sensitive than usual in order to win over someone they like. Which is not always right, it doesn't suit certain characteristics.
Reply 4
Yes. There's nothing wrong with it. It only make things clearer and helps people to understand you and what you're going through.
It'd probably be better for them in the long run so yes.

Edit: Some do this already though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by karmacrunch
It'd probably be better for them in the long run so yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No men dont need to be like women they need to man up instead
Original post by zazalla.

There is nothing wrong about talking about your feelings. :/ I mean I don't expect them to burst into tears and start raging about the day etc. but it's good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I don't tend to
Reply 9
It all depends on the girl you're with tbh. Some girls what you to open up to them and not appear all alpha where as other girls just want you to shut up and avoid being beta ( my stupid ex )
Reply 10
No
Original post by zazalla.

What exactly about being emotional mature and available makes it something to be exclusively experienced by women???
No. The stiff upper mentality is better.

Stoic men are more attractive.
Hell yeah. But i guess I'm the minority supporting the idea.
The ability to show your emotions demonstrates emotional maturity.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah. I'm sick of trying to work people out.
I feel like the conception that men show their emotions less than women is, generally, exaggerated. Perhaps in the past this would be true, but now I would say that men show their emotions almost as much as women (maybe a slight difference). I feel like things would be better if we all, regardless of gender, started to show our emotions rather than being restrained with them.
Reply 17
Its ****ing hard. We do need to but its hard. Cos people trample all over your emotions
Original post by Jakeh
Its ****ing hard. We do need to but its hard. Cos people trample all over your emotions

Why is it hard?
if you're asking if we should weaken ourselves for the sake of it, nah
girls just need to toughen up

Quick Reply

Latest