The Student Room Group

HOMEWORK HELP NEEDED FOR GEOGRAPHY... Urgent

Hello friends.... Plz will anyone help me finding the work confusing :frown:
For my work I need to find out about River Derwant in Derbyshire. What is the area in which River Derwant is in?
How was the valley formed?

Scroll to see replies

Learn to do some independent research
Shocked to see how rude some people are...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jamez870
Learn to do some independent research

Do u think I am such a fool not to do some independent research? I spend all night looking for answers... how dare u say that i should 'learn to do some independent research'! IF U DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMEONE THEN DON'T JUDGE THEM So MANY answers came up on the internet and i didn't comprehend them... What would u do if u were in my place, wouldn't u ask some1 4 help be it your teacher, parent, friend or the internet? How would u feel if someone responded to u "Learn to do some independent research". How would u feel :'(:undefined:unimpressed
Google it :smile:
Original post by The vampire

Prepare to be attacked by OP
Original post by Chocolate2014
Do u think I am such a fool not to do some independent research? I spend all night looking for answers... how dare u say that i should 'learn to do some independent research'! IF U DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMEONE THEN DON'T JUDGE THEM So MANY answers came up on the internet and i didn't comprehend them... What would u do if u were in my place, wouldn't u ask some1 4 help be it your teacher, parent, friend or the internet? How would u feel if someone responded to u "Learn to do some independent research". How would u feel :'(:undefined:unimpressed

Didn't mean to come off as rude, but from your original post it appears as if you haven't given any of the questions your own thought, what year are you in?
For my work I need to find out about River Derwant in Derbyshire. What is the area in which River Derwant is in?

Is it that hard to use Google these days :rolleyes:
Original post by jamez870
Didn't mean to come off as rude, but from your original post it appears as if you haven't given any of the questions your own thought, what year are you in?

What do u mean I haven't given any of the questions my own thought?

You couldn't possibly have typed 'River Derwent' into Google, clicked on the first link which appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Derwent,_Derbyshire, and found out this:

The Derwent is a river in the county of Derbyshire, England. It is 66 miles (106 km) long and is a tributary of the River Trent which it joins south of Derby.[1] For half its course, the river flows through the Peak District.
Much of the river's route, with the exception of the city of Derby, is rural. However the river has also seen many human uses, and between Matlock and Derby was one of the cradles of the Industrial Revolution, providing power to the first industrial scale cotton mills. Today it provides a water supply to several surrounding cities, and its steeply sided valley is an important communications corridor through the uplands of the Peak District.[2]

That quite clearly says which area the river is in.
Original post by Pectorac
You couldn't possibly have typed 'River Derwent' into Google, clicked on the first link which appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Derwent,_Derbyshire, and found out this:

The Derwent is a river in the county of Derbyshire, England. It is 66 miles (106 km) long and is a tributary of the River Trent which it joins south of Derby.[1] For half its course, the river flows through the Peak District.
[COLOR="#252525"]Much of the river's route, with the exception of the city of Derby, is rural. However the river has also seen many human uses, and between Matlock and Derby was one of the cradles of the Industrial Revolution, providing power to the first industrial scale cotton mills. Today it provides a water supply to several surrounding cities, and its steeply sided valley is an important communications corridor through the uplands of the Peak District.[2]

What is the area in which the river is? (I am sure that I know the answer but what is the harm in confirming?)
Look english isn't my mother tongue language...
(Also sometimes i doubt wikipedia as it can be edited easily people can write wrong details onto it)...

What is the area in which the river is? (I am sure that I know the answer but what is the harm in confirming?)
Look english isn't my mother tongue language...
(Also sometimes i doubt wikipedia as it can be edited easily people can write wrong details onto it)...

If it were edited and were false, it would say something like the river is in Tellytubby land and is bright pink. Stuff like obvious facts on there are true, and even without Wikipedia there are many other links from official sources which say the same thing.
Original post by The vampire

Ha ha very funny...
If it were edited and were false, it would say something like the river is in Tellytubby land and is bright pink. Stuff like obvious facts on there are true, and even without Wikipedia there are many other links from official sources which say the same thing.

U still haven't answered my question... what area is the river in then?

It flows through the Peak District and is in Derbyshire, just like the internet says.

Seriously...
Original post by yellowcopter
Is it that hard to use Google these days :rolleyes:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind... :frown:
It flows through the Peak District and is in Derbyshire, just like the internet says.

My initial thought was that the area is Peak District but I looked on many websites ... and on some it said many different things which is what confused me...
What do u mean I haven't given any of the questions my own thought?

I said it appears that you haven't
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind... :frown:

Hmm...

Quick Reply

Latest