The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by llamaspoon
Is there anyway of finding out my timetable for freshers week? As in, which days/times I'll have lectures? I'm doing Modern Languages.

Hello :smile:

If you are yet to receive timetabling information, it is likely that you will have to wait until registration and your induction during Freshers' Week to find out.

Rachel
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hello!
My accommodation is St Mary's and I'm just wondering how long the courtesy bus takes to get into uni in the mornings.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by HopkinsLouise
Hi, when do we receive our timetables? I'll be starting the zoology course but I work part time too so I need to let them know ASAP if I need my shifts changing or not.
Thanks
Louise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Louise, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

If you are yet to receive timetabling information, it is likely that you will have to wait until registration and your induction during Freshers' Week to find out. I will pass on your circumstances to your School to see if they can provide you with any details sooner.

Rachel
(edited 9 years ago)
Just wondered if freshers receive a welcome pack before they arrive as I have added my address to both the official registration and the student union website however the address is the apartment I am going to move into when term begins which will not be ready till after freshers week and so will not receive any post just worried I might miss any important information :colondollar:
Hello, could you please tell me when the PARTNERS application form for 2015 will be available to download?

Thanks.
Hello,
During freshers, on my course I have inductions and meetings everyday from roughly 9 till 12, I was just wondering if this means I wont be able to participate in some of the day time events? Thanks
Original post by Alex347_
Hello, could you please tell me when the PARTNERS application form for 2015 will be available to download?

Thanks.

Hi Alex, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

The application form will be available to download from the website (www.ncl.ac.uk/partners) from Wednesday 10 September.

Rachel
Original post by MattSlater12345
Hello,
During freshers, on my course I have inductions and meetings everyday from roughly 9 till 12, I was just wondering if this means I wont be able to participate in some of the day time events? Thanks

Hey Matt, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

The majority of the Freshers' Week day time activities begin after 2pm each day - and if any do start before then they are usually repeated again at a later time.

I hope that answered your question!

Rachel
Original post by JPriestley95
Just wondered if freshers receive a welcome pack before they arrive as I have added my address to both the official registration and the student union website however the address is the apartment I am going to move into when term begins which will not be ready till after freshers week and so will not receive any post just worried I might miss any important information :colondollar:

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

If you are referring to the Freshers' Week welcome pack, it will be given out at the same time as wristband collection. Collection will run from 11am-6pm Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st in Venue in the SU.

Apart from that, it is unlikely that you will have received anything in the post, as the majority of instructions/information is sent via email.
I hope that answered your question, anything else let me know :smile:

Rachel
Is there a freshers fair at Newcastle or is it just the clubs and societies fair? Was looking forward to the freebies ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Hello, can we already pick up our student`s cards and finish registration? I was hanging around campus today and there were a lots of students already. And secondly, how is it with choosing modules. If it`s paper based, can I already choose or have to wait for induction week?

Thanks for reply!
Is there a freshers fair at Newcastle or is it just the clubs and societies fair? Was looking forward to the freebies ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Louise, thanks for getting in touch! :smile:

Yes! As well as the clubs & societies fair on the 22nd and 23rd of September, there will also be the Freshers' Week Companies Fair which always delivers a tonne of freebies. Check it out here: http://nusufreshers.co.uk/companiesfair/

Rachel
Original post by woczlf
Hello, can we already pick up our student`s cards and finish registration? I was hanging around campus today and there were a lots of students already. And secondly, how is it with choosing modules. If it`s paper based, can I already choose or have to wait for induction week?

Thanks for reply!

Hello :smile:

More information about registration dates and opening hours can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/pre-arrival/welcome/

From this site I believe the earliest you can register is 10am on Monday 15th September.

The modules procedure will vary between courses, but you will have to wait until Induction Week to officially choose them.

I hope that answered your question, let me know if there's anything else :smile:

Rachel
Original post by abbiestock9
Hello!
My accommodation is St Mary's and I'm just wondering how long the courtesy bus takes to get into uni in the mornings.

Hi Abbie, sorry for the delay in my reply.

More information about the courtesy bus can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/assets/documents/SchoolBus_001.pdf

The journey should take around 15 minutes depending on traffic.

I hope that answered your question :smile:

Rachel
For the societies and clubs fair and the companies fair do I have to have the wristband?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the societies and clubs fair and the companies fair do I have to have the wristband?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Louise :smile:

No, a wristband won't be needed for those events.

Rachel
Original post by Hollystewart1
Hi, is there anyway of speaking to somebody who is currently doing biomedical sciences at newcastle so I can ask which books they recommend me getting ?
Holly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Holly, sorry for the delay in my response.

I have been given a name of a student rep from Biomedical Sciences who you can contact : Felicity Rae [email protected]

I hope that helps :smile:

Rachel
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Holly, sorry for the delay in my response.

I have been given a name of a student rep from Biomedical Sciences who you can contact : Felicity Rae [email protected]

I hope that helps :smile:

Rachel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I am stopping at Central link and will be driving up on the 19th, I'm aware that parking round that area is very limited so I wont be able to get a space, I wont need my car whilst I'm in Newcastle just for travelling back and forth so I was wondering if it was possible to park at at another accommodation like St Mary's college ? or if its possible to contact anyone that wont be utilising their car parking space at their accommodation and pay to use that instead? I sent an enquiry through the website a few days ago but I haven't got a response yet so I'm just getting a little bit nervous that I wont have anywhere to keep my car once I'm up there. :smile:

Thanks
Dan
Original post by squib1996
Hi

I am stopping at Central link and will be driving up on the 19th, I'm aware that parking round that area is very limited so I wont be able to get a space, I wont need my car whilst I'm in Newcastle just for travelling back and forth so I was wondering if it was possible to park at at another accommodation like St Mary's college ? or if its possible to contact anyone that wont be utilising their car parking space at their accommodation and pay to use that instead? I sent an enquiry through the website a few days ago but I haven't got a response yet so I'm just getting a little bit nervous that I wont have anywhere to keep my car once I'm up there. :smile:

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I've been in contact with Accommodation, and unfortunately parking on our sites is for the residents only and this week is a very busy time with arrivals so only students living on the sites who have applied for a permit will be allowed to park. Unfortunately with Central Link being in the city centre there is no parking for the accommodation, and advice really is not to bring a car to keep overnight.

Sorry about that Dan.

Rachel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending