The Student Room Group

Please help

Okay so I live in Bangladesh and I want to apply to a medical school in the UK. But for that to happen I will have to take the medical admissions test before I apply right? As in next year after finishing my AS exams in June, when I apply for university, I will have to have taken the test already right? But that's the problem. Obviously my country doesn't provide services for the foreign test, so what do I do since I'll still have my A2 exams to think about? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Okay so I live in Bangladesh and I want to apply to a medical school in the UK. But for that to happen I will have to take the medical admissions test before I apply right? As in next year after finishing my AS exams in June, when I apply for university, I will have to have taken the test already right? But that's the problem. Obviously my country doesn't provide services for the foreign test, so what do I do since I'll still have my A2 exams to think about? Thank you.

If you had researched the UKCAT (I presume you mean the UKCAT?) you would have seen that there are test centres across the globe, including one in Dhaka.
Original post by Ronove
If you had researched the UKCAT (I presume you mean the UKCAT?) you would have seen that there are test centres across the globe, including one in Dhaka.

Thank you very much. One more question- when do I take the BMATs or the UKCATs? I mean after I finish my AS levels or after my A2 levels?
Reply 3
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Thank you very much. One more question- when do I take the BMATs or the UKCATs? I mean after I finish my AS levels or after my A2 levels?

UKCAT is the summer after your AS levels (you can book it and sit in between something like July and the end of September) so you have your score before you apply. International centres might have a more limited interval of slots, do check. I've never looked into doing the BMAT myself but I think it's after the application deadline, just after you've started A2 in September, so you won't find out your score before applying (and as such it's a riskier bet).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending