The Student Room Group

Illegal immigrant gets killed after successfully arriving here in the UK

Stowaway who clung underneath a coach from Calais to Norfolk to get into Britain illegally is killed when driver accidentally reversed over him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705436/Stowaway-clung-underneath-coach-Calais-Norfolk-Britain-illegally-killed-driver-accidentally-reversed-him.html
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I feel sorry for the driver though.

But imagine how tough life must be for you to climb underneath a coach for God knows how long from France to England, think of how scary it would be to be that close to the ground on the motor way when a coach is moving that fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
I feel sorry for the driver though.

But imagine how tough life must be for you to climb underneath a coach for God knows how long from France to England, think of how scary it would be to be that close to the ground on the motor way when a coach is moving that fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why didn't he just stay in France or any of the other safe countries he would have undoubtedly passed through?
Original post by Greenlaner
Why didn't he just stay in France or any of the other safe countries he would have undoubtedly passed through?

This. :colonhash:
Don't particularly care about the driver. He will probably get over it.

Hopefully the guy didn't die too painfully.
Yuck. Another thick skulled xenophobia thread.
I hope the bus driver doesn't get charged with manslaughter or anything.
RIP in peace good night sweet prince, if he was already in france why would he risk his life to come to britain
The guy was just trying to come here and make a living. You people have no heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlackJackson
The guy was just trying to come here and make a living. You people have no heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we don't know that he was coming here to make a living

People who are asking why he didn't stop in any other European country - just look at our benefits system
Being happy at someone's death. Disgusting.
Reply 11
I find the sarcasm in wishing the driver well ironic. To express your lack of sympathy for the immigrants unfortunate death, you express sympathy for the driver who is expressing sympathy for the guy who he died. Illogical if you ask me.

(Mainly in the DM comments and few posts here).
Disgusted at the lack of sympathy in this thread for the immigrant. He is a human being, first and foremost. R.I.P.
Daily Mail top rated comment:

"They cost the taxpayers money even when they're dead"

worst rated comment:

"Poor man, it was a brave thing to do. To have made it all that way, then be killed by the way he got here, is awful"
The guys an immigrant not a flipping terrorist. Evryone needs to get a heart or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
For me if you are an illegal immigrant and you want safety you declare asylum the first safe place you can. The financial implications would be the least of my worries if I were a genuine asylum seeker
The world is for everyone - R.I.P. to the man who wanted a better life in a different part of the world.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay

People who are asking why he didn't stop in any other European country - just look at our benefits system

Yes. Go and look at it. You'll find that the vast majority of those who are on it, are not only British, but shock horror, they're not living in mansions either. Those who migrate to Britain have no interest in living a life on benefits and they're here to work. The amount of migrants on the benefit system is such a tiny percentage of the total.

Stop getting your facts from the Daily Mail.
Original post by Kolasinac138
Yuck. Another thick skulled xenophobia thread.

Yeah, totally **** him because he was foreign, right? Totally nothing to do with doing something stupid after leaving the dangerous country and travelling through multiple safe countries, in his own continent let alone ours.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Phoebe Buffay

Illegal immigrants can't claim benefits, genius.

Quick Reply