The Student Room Group

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Yes :yay::woo:

You get presents for being a year older :awesome:

Celebrate with friends first, then family on another day...its like having 2 bdays :woo:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by DropkickSmurfy
I just go out for a meal with family and friends, and it's always a joint thing with my best friend, as we have the same birthday.

Johnny I hardly knew ya :wink: (Please tell me you get the reference)
Original post by Secretnerd123
Hahah thats weird as only muslims say it to eachother. But then again, I know muslims (like my mum) who call non-muslims like the owners of shops in my area 'brother and sisters' but thats because she knows them well as we've been living in the area for like forever so it just depends on the person I guess. They may even think you're muslim though :tongue: you should ask them! :biggrin:

May perhaps ask!
Reply 43
I don't. Other people do, I find it annoying tbh.
Original post by Dilsz
Johnny I hardly knew ya :wink: (Please tell me you get the reference)

We had guns and drums and drums and guns! :biggrin:
Reply 45
We had guns and drums and drums and guns! :biggrin:

:woo: Such a good song :biggrin:
Original post by Dilsz
:woo: Such a good song :biggrin:

A good song by a great band!
Reply 47
A good song by a great band!

Sums it up perfectly :smile:
Reply 48
no i had a cake for my recent 18th birthday but thats as far as it goes, i probably wont get a cake this year ill probably just walk round town by myself for a day window shopping.
i end up crying on my birthday :confused:
I stopped having parties pretty young because I had no friends.

Nowadays it's usually a nice meal or a night out with my close friends, thought my next birthday will probably be spent in the fetal position crying. (it's a nasty one).
A decent meal with a group of friends
I have never celebrated my birthday :/ I am now 18. With an exception of going to a park to have picnic with friends on one occasion. For my 15th. But that's all!
Yes I do. I'll stop celebrating my birthday when I'm dead. Until then, I celebrate the fact that I've made it this far!
I don't really do much! This year I just went for a meal with friends but nothing too big. :smile:
I hate birthdays.. :colondollar:
No, I hate birthdays. :frown:
Original post by Dilsz
I stopped celebrating around 16 but before then I pretty much went out on all my birthdays to either bowling or to eat out in a fancy restaurant after shopping or just spending it out with friends. Sometimes I even had a celebratory BBQ because it's in the summer :woo:

Now for me the best part is being able to use the excuse "but it's my birthday" and enjoy others slaving away for me :biggrin:

I don't celebrate it...really don't see the point and I ask others not to celebrate it (except my girlfriend as she refused not to celebrate it and she just makes it a nice day). I like celebrating other friends birthdays though if they really enjoy celebrating theirs :smile: It's fun.

Coming up to my 18th in a month and a half...not gonna celebrate it apart from seeing my girlfriend. All I like on my birthday is for people to acknowledge it...which most people don't :P
I find birthdays a bit odd, as I don't like celebrating myself or having all that attention. But I do tend to host a BBQ and go out, as it is nice to get everyone together for something once in a while. More about my guests than me.
Wot.. I always do something for my birthday. It's a day of celebration. It marks the anniversary of my birth.

Quick Reply

Latest