The Student Room Group

insurance applications

hey, weve been getting a lot of advice for applying to unis recently, and my teacher said that it would be good to make one aspirational but possibly unrealistic application, three that are reasonable, and one that is an 'insurance' choice - i.e. one that asks for lower than your predicted grades, just in case it all goes wrong.
im just wondering what people think would be the grade requirements for an insurance place - llike how much lower than what im expecting should i go?? because im finding it hard to find places i like that have requirements lower than AAB. im probably being too fussy. i dont yet know what my A level grades are predicted to be but for AS i was predicted AAAB.
Original post by EmergencyBagels
hey, weve been getting a lot of advice for applying to unis recently, and my teacher said that it would be good to make one aspirational but possibly unrealistic application, three that are reasonable, and one that is an 'insurance' choice - i.e. one that asks for lower than your predicted grades, just in case it all goes wrong.
im just wondering what people think would be the grade requirements for an insurance place - llike how much lower than what im expecting should i go?? because im finding it hard to find places i like that have requirements lower than AAB. im probably being too fussy. i dont yet know what my A level grades are predicted to be but for AS i was predicted AAAB.

Don't put down anywhere you wouldn't be prepared to go to, but be aware that there's many a slip in the Ucas game and things don't go according to plan for everyone. I'd wait to see what your results and predicted grades are going to be, but ABB should be a good starting point.
Reply 2
Original post by EmergencyBagels

Yes it is good to have a bit of a spread when applying in case things don't go as planned. Just make sure they are all courses and universities you would be happy to go to.

You'll have a better idea of what sort of universities to apply to once you have your AS results and predictions. So wait until then before making any decisions. But if you're expecting around the AAA mark, then ABB universities are worth looking at as back ups.

People might be able to give you some university suggestions if you tell us what you want to study.
hey, thanks for the replies, im looking to do english (lit)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending