The Student Room Group

Asda interview in a couple of hours

Scroll to see replies

Idek what to wear?? I'm thinking of black skinny jeans and a formal shirt???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Get some sleep would be a good tip to follow. You don't want to look like a zombie.
It's at 2 pm so I'll still get sleep, I'm kinda nervous like apparently they ask you stuff like have you ever had a difficult customer?? Like I'll think of something now but any ideas?? And what do I wear????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Is this the group interview or one to one?
I had the group interview (asda magic) on Wednesday and have the 1 to 1 today, they said they didn't have many manager on Wednesday so yh, they were 6 of us and all had different jobs I think, like she said we have different managers, this is like my first ever interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
tll them u know me ull get the job son
Reply 7
Original post by Slim Shady 96
I had the group interview (asda magic) on Wednesday and have the 1 to 1 today, they said they didn't have many manager on Wednesday so yh, they were 6 of us and all had different jobs I think, like she said we have different managers, this is like my first ever interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a group one earlier on this week too and I'm having the one to one this weekend so I can't really help since we're exactly on the same page. Good luck!

I'm wearing a smart skirt and blouse. I think its best to be pretty smart for the interview since you won't be doing anything practical like the group interview.
Original post by Rlove95
I had a group one earlier on this week too and I'm having the one to one this weekend so I can't really help since we're exactly on the same page. Good luck!

I'm wearing a smart skirt and blouse. I think its best to be pretty smart for the interview since you won't be doing anything practical like the group interview.

Ahh goodluck! Yeah I see but I don't wanna over do it by wearing a suit (I'm a guy) I'll think of something, any ideas on what questions they can ask???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
tll them u know me ull get the job son

yh sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

&& lose some weight
Ahh goodluck! Yeah I see but I don't wanna over do it by wearing a suit (I'm a guy) I'll think of something, any ideas on what questions they can ask???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe wear a suit without suit jacket? I know quite a few guys at my group interview did that. I think its better to look too smart at an interview (makes you look very professional and eager) than to not look smart enough.

I have no idea, I'm guessing they'll ask questions like why do you want to work at ASDA, what can you bring to ASDA, maybe ask for scenarios where you've displayed teamwork, initiative, coped under pressure, achieved a goal, improved customer service (or helped a customer) etc so I'd prepared for questions like that but really they could ask anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rlove95
Maybe wear a suit without suit jacket? I know quite a few guys at my group interview did that. I think its better to look too smart at an interview (makes you look very professional and eager) than to not look smart enough.

I have no idea, I'm guessing they'll ask questions like why do you want to work at ASDA, what can you bring to ASDA, maybe ask for scenarios where you've displayed teamwork, initiative, coped under pressure, achieved a goal, improved customer service (or helped a customer) etc so I'd prepared for questions like that but really they could ask anything.

Ahh thanks! And yeah I'll try to practice some of the questions, I don't think it'll be too bad as during the magic session they planned the interview there and then but due to them not having enough managers they had to reschedule so it probably won't be that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh thanks! And yeah I'll try to practice some of the questions, I don't think it'll be too bad as during the magic session they planned the interview there and then but due to them not having enough managers they had to reschedule so it probably won't be that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome:smile: And yeah it shouldn't be too bad.
It went alright! Now just waiting for the call, how much do you think I'll have to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went alright! Now just waiting for the call, how much do you think I'll have to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good! What sort of questions did they ask you? I'm really nervous about mine tomorrow.
Original post by Rlove95
That's good! What sort of questions did they ask you? I'm really nervous about mine tomorrow.

It might be different for each branch but
Q1 - tell us about yourself
Q2 - have you ever dealt with an annoying customer
Q3 - don't really remember but was similar to those, was quite easy mostly common sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
It might be different for each branch but
Q1 - tell us about yourself
Q2 - have you ever dealt with an annoying customer
Q3 - don't really remember but was similar to those, was quite easy mostly common sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I pretty much got those questions and a few others too. Hope we both get the job.
Original post by Rlove95
Thanks! I pretty much got those questions and a few others too. Hope we both get the job.

Awh well done! And yeah hope so, I'm just worried that they may call and I'll be sleeping aha (messed up sleeping pattern)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview on Saturday and still haven't got a call, does this mean I'm rejected???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply