The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Well, my friend did bring her fridge to Lewes Court.

But that's besides the point! It's still excessive!

EDIT: She didn't buy it either. It was one she got free through her dad's work, and was on its last legs so got a dumping on the way home at the end of the year! And her dad has a van not a car to bring stuff up, like...
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
I was asking about a double bed because I'll have my girlfriend over most nights and I cant bear the thought of going back to a single bed like we used to have to.

With regards to what im gonna do with the existing bed....ill have to have a think about that....... and possible bring a saw.
Reply 22
Achilles13
With regards to what im gonna do with the existing bed....ill have to have a think about that....... and possible bring a saw.

haha, that would probably be for the best anyway!
You're not supposed to change the furniture in your room.

For a start, what would you do with the provided single when you ain't using it?
Reply 24
we can bring bedside cabinets though can't we? Those wardrobes are way too small to house all my clothes.
They provide those.
How often is your girlfriend staying? I don't know if your flatmates are gonna be too happy to have an extra person there so often!
Reply 27
The mattresses aren't the comfiest, but with a mattress topper they're certainly fine. I quite like firm beds anyway so i just had a cover but my flatmates complained a lot about them being too hard!

The 'A' rooms in lewes court flats are also a funny shape (ie not square) and there's no way you'd fit a double bed in. you probs could get a 4' double in the normal ones but it seems excessive...my ex and i invested in an inflatable double bed for when one of us went to stay with the other cos we didn't like sharing a single bed, but it didn't fit on my floor anyway!
Reply 28
ladyportacabin
How often is your girlfriend staying? I don't know if your flatmates are gonna be too happy to have an extra person there so often!

yeah ive thought about that, so ill see how it goes, but just wanted to have it there as an option.

With regards to what im gonna do about the existing bed, i can use my dads van to take that one home when i bring the bigger one up. its a simple but effective method. Are there going to be any furniture police coming and checking that you havent rearranged the furniture or snuck in a sneaky ikea table?
As long as its left how you find it at the end of the year i would of thought it would be ok.
Reply 29
Aspect
Hehe, I can just imagine you're car on the M25 with the back of the car scraping along the road due to all the extra weight...

I really hope I don't get stuck behind you......:biggrin:
random question, but do the rooms have mirrors in them? like over the washbasin?
Reply 31
midsummer_moth
random question, but do the rooms have mirrors in them? like over the washbasin?

And do all of the rooms have washbasins?!
Reply 32
tuttifruti
And do all of the rooms have washbasins?!

I read on the site that the majority of phase one rooms do.
and what exactly is there in the way of storage? Just a wardrobe? Does it have shelves inside? I have a stupid amount of stuff. I think i'm going to have to buy a chest of drawers or something. I'm taking 6 suitcases and 10 boxes worth of stuff!!!
Reply 34
Mrs Rickman
I'm taking 6 suitcases and 10 boxes worth of stuff!!!

thank god, someone as bad as me! Yeah I think there's only a wardrobe, a small one at that and a bedside cabinet. Oh and the drawers in your desk. I'm thinking of putting stuff under my bed if I have to. A chest of drawers might be a good idea, if it'll fit in!
Mrs Rickman
and what exactly is there in the way of storage? Just a wardrobe? Does it have shelves inside? I have a stupid amount of stuff. I think i'm going to have to buy a chest of drawers or something. I'm taking 6 suitcases and 10 boxes worth of stuff!!!

There will be no room for another chest of drawers. There is quite a lot of storage space in Lewes Court - don't worry.
Reply 36
Can boxes fit under the bed if we don't have enough room? I have way too much stuff!
tuttifruti
Can boxes fit under the bed if we don't have enough room? I have way too much stuff!

There is space under the bed but the boxes would have to be quite shallow to fit.

Latest

Trending

Trending