The Student Room Group

Do you consider a boy delicate for not working during college

does it matter in his character if he waited to work after graduation or start working from the first day of college

regardless of his financial circumstances
Original post by go2thezoo
does it matter in his character if he waited to work after graduation or start working from the first day of college

regardless of his financial circumstances

If he has enough money then why would he need to get a job? You're at uni to get a degree and enjoy yourself; having to work as well just adds more pressure. If you're lucky enough not to have to work and live comfortably then I don't see why you wouldn't do it. Having spent a year working 25 hours a week and a year not working at all, not working at all makes uni far more manageable/enjoyable. Has nothing to do with character.
Think you could say it shows a guy as perhaps incapable of landing a job and hence is weak/feable.

On the other hand yeah working more than a few hours could show that the guy is poor, although othets may be up to their neck in debt so not as poor as others perhaps even though they may not show it. Think the tendancy these days, particularly with the party crowd at uni is that they are too cool for work (or school) and to just party it up the whole timeas work is not fun and they are self entitled to fun all the time. Basically mummy and daddy are going to pick up the bill for their partying and whatever happens and wipe their bum at the end of the day, going a bit like America I think in that respects.

So yeah the guy above has got it right. Few girls if any care about character probably even the more studious girls. It's personality that scores high with girls which means having a laugh, i.e fun. If your not fortunate enough to be mr personality of the year and stand no chance of becoming him then scoring women will be difficult. All women care about is being entertained not hearing about your night working at tesco or whatever.
Nope.
Definitely no.
Reply 5
Nope it wouldn't bother me as long as he had enough money to live off of from his bursary, student loan etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done stuff to make money such as matched betting, some trading but I've never had a proper job with a boss telling me what to do. I'm slightly embarrassed and do kind of feel like a pampered-pooch

:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending