The Student Room Group

Magaluf Girl

A statement from said girls parents have forgiven her which leads me to ask the following.

What would you do if that was your daughter?
Personally I would throw her out the house and disown her for life
Reply 1
I'd be disappointed in her for selling herself so short but I wouldn't disown her. I don't find the behaviour excusable and its certainly not something I'd encourage. But she's my daughter and to throw her out due to promiscuous behaviour is too far for me, I'd just show my disappointment in some way
I'd get Islamic on her.
Reply 3
She is young and foolish. She may not yet have realised that she was simply used by tour reps and party organisers who use young female british tourists as whores to attract boys to bar crawls and parties. There is then an unspoken expectation that the girls will perform or feel like they are prudes or party poopers. Such sheep..
Original post by matthewduncan
A statement from said girls parents have forgiven her which leads me to ask the following.

Whatever you think you would do now, will be entirely different when you have actually raised your children for 23+ years.

All those who say they will disown her are only thinking selfishly of themselves and therefore don't desreve to have children in the first place.

Love for a child (no matter how old) cannot be switched off. It may break your heart and you may lose some respect, but you will also question yourself (as will others) and feel responsible for failing as a parent.

So will you also leave home and disown 'yourself' for life in the process? After all, you must also share the guilt with her because a lot of people will blame you as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by matthewduncan

if it was my daughter?

i should like to think i'd do a better job of parenting her so that she didnt even do such a thing.

but if my mistakes as a parent manifested her behaviour in such a way then I would kill her. inside myself. as far as i am concerned? shes dead.

she's not coming back in my home. i am no longer talking to any of my family about her. all of my friends will be told she does not exist to me.

you mattered to me. you were my daughter. the female ambassador of my family for the next generation. and thats how you behave?

no you are no longer part of the family house hold. i no longer hold you as part of the family or worthy of carrying my family name. drag your self through the mud if you like. but don't drag your family's name along with it.

we all make mistakes.
and we may do stuff we are ashamed of in private.

but doing things in front of the camera? wrong.
sucking a strangers dick? wrong
sexual acts in public? wrong
sex with multiple men? wrong
sucking multiple strangers dicks in public whilst being filmed on camera? wtf? seriously? get out of my house. I have no daughter.
Original post by uberteknik
Whatever you think you would do now, will be entirely different when you have actually raised your children for 23+ years.

Love for a child (no matter how old) cannot be switched off. It may break your heart and you may lose some respect, but you will also question yourself (as will others) and feel responsible for failing as a parent.

So will you also leave home and disown 'yourself' for life in the process? After all, you must share the guilt with her because a lot of people will blame you as well.

nah I know me to be honest.
Thats the way i was raised plus I've disowned family before.
Shaming yourself,your family name and myself is not permissible.
I wouldn't disown her. I'd be ashamed and deeply disappointed, but the shame and abuse she's received from the press and through social media is more than enough punishment.

However, I personally hope that if I ever have children something like this wouldn't happen. The Magaluf girl seems like a typical example of a girl from a religious family rebelling after getting her first taste of freedom. If I have kids then I intend to be open and frank with them about a variety of issues including sex in the hope that they make informed and mature decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be trying to press criminal charges.
That girl is so vile lol. I don't know what I would do if she was my child.
"Damn! When'd she become a hoe." Then just hope she didn't get an std.
I wouldn't disown her but would be disappointed. I'd give her the usual punishments but frankly, the bad reputation and hassle she's going to get from everyone else (e.g. friends, peers, people she hates) will do most of the punishing for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, get her checked out for an STD,
wash her mouth out with soap x10.. Make sure her picture never ever gets into the media, and never let her leave the house again. I wouldn't disown her though but i would be deeply ashamed. I would also raise hell with the owners of the club who allowed this to happen.
I bet you wouldn't disown a son if he was one of the 24, when you have a child you made the decision to have them & raise them.Love for your children you cannot just switch it off If she was my daughter I wouldn't disown her she's probably devastated by her actions and I wouldn't be one of those lambasting her. I would question my own parenting abilities and wonder why she would do such a thing. Hopefully she can move on with her life eventually, if her parents have forgiven her why can't we just stop talking about it.
Since when did shame come before love and compassion? Can you even imagine how **** she's feeling just now, with the press and publik vulturing all over her for the grand crime of being in front of a camera when drunkenness, young euphoria and peer pressure struck?

In response, I'd give her all the support she needed to get over it. Kind of a no-brainer.
I would be ashamed to call her my daughter.
Original post by kopi, ffs
Since when did shame come before love and compassion? Can you even imagine how **** she's feeling just now, with the press and publik vulturing all over her for the grand crime of being in front of a camera when drunkenness, young euphoria and peer pressure struck?

In response, I'd give her all the support she needed to get over it. Kind of a no-brainer.

Same. Kid's gotta be full of shame and regret already. How would disowning her (lmao wat) help?

Quick Reply

Latest