The Student Room Group

Supercar experience day

I had one yesterday and wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Lambo Gallado and Ferrari 430 for 3 laps each.

The circuit didn't have any long straights, so the fastest I got to was just shy of 110 mph in the Ferrari. Additionally a few cars were on the track at any one time, and track rules meant you can't overtake unless the car ahead indicates left. This meant that when I found a slow coach, I had to trail behind him.

One of my biggest gripes was that the instructor wouldn't let you rev out either car. The lambo was a paddle shift auto (red line at 9k) and he told me to change up at about 4-5k. It is a ~550 bhp car, but I probably didn't generate more than half that.

Ferrari was in auto mode, and kept shifting to 6th gear at 90 mph or so, which was frustrating.

Anyone else found track days to be a similar experience?
Never ever go on one of the experiences, they're ****. Partial throttle/rev limited + passenger pedals, **** that.

Either rent one out and a bit of tution first, or rag your own car round a track.
Original post by Friggerpants
Never ever go on one of the experiences, they're ****. Partial throttle/rev limited + passenger pedals, **** that.

Either rent one out and a bit of tution first, or rag your own car round a track.

Don't want to think about how much it would cost to rent a lambo for a day

Better off waiting till I need new tyres on my car, ragging it around a track, and then straight to the tyre shop after
Waste of time and money.

Quick Reply

Latest