The Student Room Group

Any Twitch streamers on here?

I've recently gotten into watching Twitch and I love it so far! Even thinking of taking up streaming at some point. Does anyone on here stream? :smile:
Original post by tania<3
I've recently gotten into watching Twitch and I love it so far! Even thinking of taking up streaming at some point. Does anyone on here stream? :smile:

I'm thinking of getting into streaming sometime.. Perhaps when I upgrade my PC and/or get a next generation console..

What games do you watch?
Reply 2
Original post by tania<3

I watch streams quite often primarily speedrunners as some people can complete games so quick its really surprising what tricks people can come up with, I also watch some for entertainment if the caster is good :smile:

I originally started watching twitch streams to see what a game was like before buying it, but sometimes I ended ruining the game for myself as I would load up a stream of the game being completed :colondollar: :facepalm::unimpressed:

I was tempted to try doing a stream on GTA 5 on PC when it comes out but
a) I would probably end up playing the game and forgetting twitch
b) It released when I wouldve have started Uni so it might not be a good idea to buy it for coursework purposes :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Only use twitch for dem LCS Streams :smile:
Original post by Shodann
I watch streams quite often primarily speedrunners as some people can complete games so quick its really surprising what tricks people can come up with, I also watch some for entertainment if the caster is good :smile:

I originally started watching twitch streams to see what a game was like before buying it, but sometimes I ended ruining the game for myself as I would load up a stream of the game being completed :colondollar: :facepalm::unimpressed:

I was tempted to try doing a stream on GTA 5 on PC when it comes out but
a) I would probably end up playing the game and forgetting twitch
b) It released when I wouldve have started Uni so it might not be a good idea to buy it for coursework purposes :P

Do you watch GTA Vice City speed runs, more specifically Adam_Ak?
Reply 5
Original post by Binary Freak
Do you watch GTA Vice City speed runs, more specifically Adam_Ak?

Absolutely he's really good at alot of games and his commentary is top notch, the chaos% run he recently did was was really entertaining :tongue: I'm waiting for him to upload it to youtube so I can watch the bits I missed as it took him like 5 hours to complete the run lol.
I only twitch when I league.
Original post by Shodann
Absolutely he's really good at alot of games and his commentary is top notch, the chaos% run he recently did was was really entertaining :tongue: I'm waiting for him to upload it to youtube so I can watch the bits I missed as it took him like 5 hours to complete the run lol.

Yeah, he's an absolute beast at most games he plays, I usually only watch his GTA ones, though he's usually mid-streaming (2 hours) by the time I finish my studying :frown:

I'm hoping that he might stream a little more once he's finished his PhD.
Reply 8
Original post by Binary Freak
I'm thinking of getting into streaming sometime.. Perhaps when I upgrade my PC and/or get a next generation console..

What games do you watch?

Been on a bit of a minecraft hype recently so been watching quite a few minecraft gamers :smile: but I started off by watching Cryaotic on his weekly streams and he plays a variety.

I need a PC! My laptop plays games decently but I'd love to buy a PC at some point. Would definitely need it if I wanted to stream
Original post by tania<3
Been on a bit of a minecraft hype recently so been watching quite a few minecraft gamers :smile: but I started off by watching Cryaotic on his weekly streams and he plays a variety.

I need a PC! My laptop plays games decently but I'd love to buy a PC at some point. Would definitely need it if I wanted to stream

Yea a decent PC and internet is essential for streaming.

Right now I'm on Twitch on my Xbox watching SonOnOldSchool.. He's not that good, but I don't know who else I can watch :frown:
Reply 10
Me and my mate did a Total War: Rome II livestream that was really just so a couple of our friends could watch us, but we ended up getting like 50 people watching, only issue was my mate who was doing the streaming (Has a far superior PC to me), lives in the middle of nowhere and so the internet connection was lacking at best. I'd like to be able to upgrade my PC and stream more often if possible.
I was thinking of streaming, but imo its a total nightmare to get into. The software for my laptop would be a few hundred pounds, the amount of internet it takes up is just too much!

I make the odd YT vid and post it up but apart from that, no. I did want to a bit ago though, shame there is no easy and free way.
Reply 12
Original post by tania<3

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Here's a highlight I made today
http://www.twitch.tv/dilsz/c/5119981
Reply 13
I do stream Pouchey2LoL

As soon as I get to uni with it's better internet i'll be streaming much much more :biggrin:
I've tried streaming but my laptop just can't handle it :lol:

If I get a decent rig I'd probably stream League, had a go at streaming Osu! and actually had a viewer :redface:

One of my mates streams a fair bit, often in a premade with him in League, think he is twitch.tv/prozzstyla
I have a good enough PC to stream but enough bandwidth so I'm going to see what the internet is like at uni. I'll be able to carry on streaming League of Legends with some friends but we play loads of random games together so I'd probably stream loads of different things.
Reply 16
some old school runescape
Since there's a STANDUP2CANCER fundraiser next month, I'll actually be fundraising on Twitch on the day :smile:

http://www.twitch.tv/phazonphoenix5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest