The Student Room Group

The pain of laundry!

Would anyone use a 'pick up and drop off' laundry service for students if it was charged at your normal cost plus a nominal fee?
Do you get fed up with the weekly chore and wasted time in the launderette
or am I just lazy? :-)
Original post by Bubblescat
Would anyone use a 'pick up and drop off' laundry service for students if it was charged at your normal cost plus a nominal fee?

Launderette? Don't you just use the one in your house?
Reply 2
Never been to a launderette in my life. Stick the washing in when I'll be in for a bit, hang it on the rack when done, put in drawers when dry- it's hardly hard work.
Original post by Bubblescat

It really depends on the cost for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
Launderette? Don't you just use the one in your house?

Halls, presumably.

The on-site laundrette was £2/wash and £1/dry where I was. It's expensive enough already. I didn't waste time in the laundrette, it's about a minute job to put the laundry in and set it going. Come back in whatever time it says and chuck them in the dryer, or take them back and hang them up.
Original post by Nymthae
Halls, presumably.

The on-site laundrette was £2/wash and £1/dry where I was. It's expensive enough already. I didn't waste time in the laundrette, it's about a minute job to put the laundry in and set it going. Come back in whatever time it says and chuck them in the dryer, or take them back and hang them up.

In halls don't you get a laundry service included?
Reply 6
If shared washer/dryer at uni accommodation counts as a laundrette then all it added for me was walking down a flight of stairs and setting a timer on my phone to know when to go get it since I can't just hear it. I wouldn't pay any fee to avoid such minor effort.
Reply 7
In halls don't you get a laundry service included?

It probably depends on the university/halls. The majority of ones I saw had communal laundrettes for the accommodation blocks or the whole site, where you just pay for use on the machines.
Original post by Nymthae
It probably depends on the university/halls. The majority of ones I saw had communal laundrettes for the accommodation blocks or the whole site, where you just pay for use on the machines.

I assumed it was a standard to get a laundry service included. All the halls at my uni get laundry and a cleaner.
I assumed it was a standard to get a laundry service included. All the halls at my uni get laundry and a cleaner.

What university you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
What university you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harper Adams.
Harper Adams.

I have never heard about that university :erm::colondollar:

But I'm going to look for included laundry and stuff, I know that a few Cambridge halls do that, but that's all I know so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
I have never heard about that university :erm::colondollar:

But I'm going to look for included laundry and stuff, I know that a few Cambridge halls do that, but that's all I know so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is agricultural, out in the Shropshire countryside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending